Powerpod 5

Slickwhite

Powerpod 5

Post by Slickwhite »

Hi John, just looked at the Velocomp website and saw the powerpod 5 being showcased. I bought my powerpod 4 in Aug 2021 and I am very happy with it. However I was wondering what the difference was between the two devices and if it was worth upgrading my device?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Powerpod 5

Post by Velocomp »

HA...you discovered our secret! :-)

We've been super-busy this winter. Yes, PP V5 has just been released and is improved; a completely new board features a proprietary 24 bit wind sensor (manufactured exclusively for Velocomp); a new, 24 bit elevation sensor, and new firmware that takes full advantage of the better sensors.

We also have a new Velocomp app for iOS/Android coming, that will make setup and profile switching brain-dead simple. (The app hasn't yet been released but should be available very soon). And as a bonus, the app has a pretty-fantastic bike computer screen.

If you upgrade you will get a 25% discount.
John Hamann
Slickwhite

Re: Powerpod 5

Post by Slickwhite »

Hi John,

Congratulations on the new powerpod and it's great how you and your team continuously improve the powerpod range of products. I'll stick with my powerpod 4 for now as it serves my needs, but I will be looking forward to the app that hopefully will be compatible with the powerpod 4.