New device, calibration and FTP test

alecs123

New device, calibration and FTP test

Post by alecs123 »

Hello all... This is my first post here, just got an PowerPod lite 3 last Friday.
I made the calibration process that same friday (3 times) and I could not get my HR monitor to be linked to PP, not a big deal I guess...
Then I saved the profile and made a route on Saturday, I'm attaching the files I downloaded from the Pod with hopes you can tell me if these look good?
I'm planning on doing my FTP test (with a Garmin 520 plus computer) and have my FTP aligned with real information now that power shows real numbers (the one that I have in my profile was estimated by garmin connect).
So maybe I will try so relink sensors hoping and I can get my HRM, do a new calibration before doing the FTP test...
Thanks in advance, by the way, writing from Mexico...how many of you are fellow Mexicans?
Attachments
Velocomp_04_10_2021_0756_85_km.ibr
(45.44 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
Velocomp_04_09_2021_1627_0_km.ibr
(30.12 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
Velocomp_04_09_2021_1623_2_km_CalRide.ibr
(15.7 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: New device, calibration and FTP test

Post by Velocomp »

Your PP Lite looks to be properly calibrated.

PPL records only the first 10 minutes of a ride file, so I don't think there is a reason to pair your HR strap to it.

Your Garmin will record your power readings for the entire length of your rides (not just the first 10 minutes). You will get your FTP from the Garmin...

We don't have any Velocomp people from Mexico, but we do have customers from around the world...last week someone from Singapore made a posting :D
John Hamann
alecs123

Post by alecs123 »

Thanks John, really appreciate your answer
alecs123

Post by alecs123 »

John... I kept thinking, would it be beneficial to get the upgrade keys for the PP3 L?
I only will be using it on 1 bike so different profiles are not of interest. But having the ability to record full activities and have analysis from Isaac are nice to haves... also would getting a pitot tube would help?
I’m guessing these extras are really not needed for my performance level...
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

alecs123 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:42 pm John... I kept thinking, would it be beneficial to get the upgrade keys for the PP3 L?
I only will be using it on 1 bike so different profiles are not of interest. But having the ability to record full activities and have analysis from Isaac are nice to haves... also would getting a pitot tube would help?
It's my bias, but I truly think the ride analysis capabilities of Isaac are amazing. You will get full access to them with the upgrade. Unless you live in a rainy environment the pitot tube is not crucial at this time.
John Hamann
dmwelk

Post by dmwelk »

Velocomp wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:48 pm
alecs123 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:42 pm John... I kept thinking, would it be beneficial to get the upgrade keys for the PP3 L?
It's my bias, but I truly think the ride analysis capabilities of Isaac are amazing. You will get full access to them with the upgrade. Unless you live in a rainy environment the pitot tube is not crucial at this time.
I recently purchased a PP3L as well and upgraded it the very next day after doing my initial calibration. In my opinion it was a no brainer for me. Like you besides my indoor training bike, I only have one bike I ride outdoors but having the ability to view my full ride parameters on Isaac is well worth the extra expense.
alecs123

Post by alecs123 »

dmwelk wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:45 am
Velocomp wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:48 pm
I recently purchased a PP3L as well and upgraded it the very next day after doing my initial calibration. In my opinion it was a no brainer for me. Like you besides my indoor training bike, I only have one bike I ride outdoors but having the ability to view my full ride parameters on Isaac is well worth the extra expense.
Planning on getting the upgrade!... thanks