New User with a couple of questions

dmwelk

New User with a couple of questions

Post by dmwelk »

1. Tire size:
When I go in to set my parameters such as rider weight and bike weight, I noticed that the 700C tire only goes to 700C X 38mm. Other than going in after each ride and adjusting it to the correct tire circumference (700C X 42mm or 2218mm) is there a way to input the correct tire parameters and send it to the power pod? Or is the difference very minimal and doesn't effect the power numbers all that much.

2. Ride File
Maybe someone can explain how to save and post a ride file, so that it can be analyzed to make sure that my parameters are set to give me the most accurate numbers?

I would appreciate any help anyone can provide.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: New User with a couple of questions

Post by Velocomp »

It's not clear from your post, but to do the things you want you'll need to use Isaac software

1. In Isaac you can go to Edit Profiles, and there set your wheel circumference to exactly 2218mm

2. Click the "Download Ride File" icon in Isaac to save your files in .ibr format. You can upload the .ibr files to this forum.
John Hamann
dmwelk

Post by dmwelk »

John:
yes I did download the Isaac software and set all my parameters and then loaded them into the PP, as far as wheel circumference the only box I could find was grayed out and the only way I could change it was to click on the pre-loaded tire sizes. I'm running a 700 X 42 tire. The biggest 700C tire offered was a 38mm. I did see where you could go in afterwards in the Isaac software and adjust the tire circumference to exactly what you want but that seemed to just adjust that ride file and not something that could be loaded into the PP. Am I overlooking something?

Also another question I had, is the PP suppose to be as close to horizontal to a level ground surface as can be to insure accurate numbers? I run an out front mount that is adjustable. I noticed on some minor decents my power would zero out no matter what gear and cadence I was pushing. I could sway the power numbers by adjusting the angle of the PP. What angle do you want the PP relative to a level flat surface?
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 10.19.12 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 10.19.12 AM.png (104.97 KiB) Viewed 2068 times
The EDIT Profile Screen.
Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 10.19.26 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 10.19.26 AM.png (244.82 KiB) Viewed 2068 times
Bringing the Tire Sidewall Marking list open as a DROP DOWN.

Notice the top entry <Measured> --- Select that choice by highlighting it.
Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 10.19.40 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 10.19.40 AM.png (245.45 KiB) Viewed 2068 times
You can then change the value of the CIRCUMFERENCE - to your desired tire size. Then ACCEPT the changes and finally SEND TO DEVICE.
dmwelk

Post by dmwelk »

Thanks lorduintah, I found out about the measured wheel circumference after watching a couple video's. Appreciate the information. Did another calibration ride yesterday. Got everything dialed in. Went out for 50 mile ride today and everything is working great. Very happy with my powerpod.