Out-and-back calibration ride - Acceptable?

Desmondong82

Out-and-back calibration ride - Acceptable?

Post by Desmondong82 »

Hi, I have did a out and back calibration ride, during ride I experience a constant breeze. Looking at the check calibration data, the "significance of change" status bar was closed to green (between green and yellow to be specific) and therefore I am uncertain whether did the calibration data is acceptable. I am concerning about the wind factor because I knew that it is best to do a cal ride without any wind.

However, if I am going to switch the Cda to "Estimated", the pointer will goes towards the green. Slightly better instead.

I am uncertain whether to redo the calibration or to accept the data.

Before I proceed, I would need some advise whether is this cal ride data acceptable?

I have attached the following files for your review.
Attachments
Out-Back Cal Ride.csv
(652.63 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
Cal Screenshot.jpg
Cal Screenshot.jpg (128.09 KiB) Viewed 3163 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Out-and-back calibration ride - Acceptable?

Post by Velocomp »

Please post .ibr ride file
John Hamann
Desmondong82

Post by Desmondong82 »

I have attached the .ibr file.
Attachments
Velocomp_01_30_2021_1701_1_Miles_CalRide.ibr
(17.77 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. Please post a ride file AFTER your cal ride.
John Hamann
Desmondong82

Post by Desmondong82 »

Could you advise how to redo the out-and-back cal ride?

I will redo the cal ride and will go for an actual ride before sending the data in here for your review.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Desmondong82 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:11 pm Could you advise how to redo the out-and-back cal ride?

I will redo the cal ride and will go for an actual ride before sending the data in here for your review.
The ride file you reference in your original email is not the cal ride. It is a "normal" ride; .ibr ride file. Please post that ride file.
John Hamann
Desmondong82

Post by Desmondong82 »

I did a cal ride.....but in the device, there's only 1 file stored in the device which is the one I sent.

This is the step that I did per the instructions:

1. Pair the device with my Garmin speed/cadence sensors.
2. Pair the device with my Garmin 1030+ computer.
3. Initial setup profile in Isaac. Set rider height, weight, bike weight, wheel circumference etc.
4. Do an out and back cal ride.
5. Connect device to Isaac again and perform check calibrate.
6. Download cal ride file.

I did saw a profile side note mentioned "Dialed-in". What is that mean?

Is the above procedure correct?

I am uncertain whether i did the right thing but certainly I find it a hassle in getting this done properly. I'm a little lost and confuse at the moment in getting it right.

Hopefully you can enlighten me...
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

The ride file in your original post is the one I want to see; it is 26 miles long. It is a .ibr ride file
John Hamann
Desmondong82

Post by Desmondong82 »

Velocomp wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:41 am Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. Please post a ride file AFTER your cal ride.
I did a first post 60 miles ride and attached the .ibr files for your analysis whether the calibration was done correctly?

Could you advise why are there 3 different .ibr files was generated in a single 60 miles ride?
Attachments
Velocomp_02_06_2021_1022_13_Miles_HiDef.ibr
(431.36 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
Velocomp_02_06_2021_0817_16_Miles_HiDef.ibr
(485.16 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
Velocomp_02_06_2021_0508_31_Miles_HiDef.ibr
(1010.35 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

The calibration looks fine, although at mile 22 it looks like your unit was bumped out of position. PP automatically corrected this problem after a few minutes.

If you stopped during the ride, it is likely PP broke-up the ride file at that point.

I am attaching a corrected ride file, which deletes the segment around mile 22, and joins the three ride files together.
Attachments
Velocomp_02_06_2021_0508_59_Miles_HiDef.ibr
(1.5 MiB) Downloaded 115 times
John Hamann
Desmondong82

Post by Desmondong82 »

Velocomp wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:37 pm The calibration looks fine, although at mile 22 it looks like your unit was bumped out of position. PP automatically corrected this problem after a few minutes.

If you stopped during the ride, it is likely PP broke-up the ride file at that point.

I am attaching a corrected ride file, which deletes the segment around mile 22, and joins the three ride files together.
Yes... the unit was bumped out of position at 22 mile. I discovered it was tilted up slightly and readjust back to its origin position and the power read back was corrected.

The unit was installed as per the manual and it was tightened using the Garmin mount, but why it still able to bump out of position? Any advise how can get it tighten further so that it will not misalign due to bump/vibration?