Upgrade PP V3 to AeroPod

Bergauf

Upgrade PP V3 to AeroPod

Post by Bergauf »

I have a Powerpod V3 and recently got power meter pedals (to also use indoors). Since the pedals give more consistent values that I also can reference to the indoor measurements I will keep them on my roadbike and it would be interesting to use the Powerpod as a reference for CdA; I would not need exact values but a reference to which I can adjust the body position on the bike.

I could not find exact information on this but is it possible to upgrade a Powerpod into an Aeropod, maybe with less accuarcy without the longer pitot tube? Or is there another way of using the Powerpod together with Powerpedals? If I am not mistaken, the hardware should be able to do that and it might be a question of the firmware.

Thanks for the help!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Upgrade PP V3 to AeroPod

Post by Velocomp »

Yes, there is a CdA upgrade you can get soon for PPV3.

Hold off a bit because there is a bug we are fixing...
John Hamann
Bergauf

Post by Bergauf »

Thanks for the reply. I am not in a hurry since I do not ride for speed outdoors at the moment.

If you give me a rough estimation of your timeline, I would check your website or the forum here around that time.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

The bug has been fixed! We will email updated FW with your key.
John Hamann
Bergauf

Post by Bergauf »

That is quick bug fixing and it seems my request has good timing!

I had not received a mail when I registered for the board here, so I am not sure whether you can reach me (I have checked the address here and the spam folder).

In case you already sent it the mail with the key did not reach me and it would be nice if you commented on here so I can give you another address. In case that mail has not been sent yet I will be patient and you can ignore this post.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Bergauf wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:51 pm That is quick bug fixing and it seems my request has good timing!

I had not received a mail when I registered for the board here, so I am not sure whether you can reach me (I have checked the address here and the spam folder).

In case you already sent it the mail with the key did not reach me and it would be nice if you commented on here so I can give you another address. In case that mail has not been sent yet I will be patient and you can ignore this post.
I sent you an email, so please email me at jhamann@velocomp.com with your alternate email address.
John Hamann
Bergauf

Post by Bergauf »

Mail has been sent to you. Thanks.
kdx200

Post by kdx200 »

mmm i ve the 7.13 firmware i think....is there any new version?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

kdx200 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:48 pm mmm i ve the 7.13 firmware i think....is there any new version?
V4 includes pitot tube and version 8.01 of FW.

Version 8.01 includes minor bug fixes.
John Hamann