Question for Mac users re Catalina, Big Sur & Isaac

gbussey

Question for Mac users re Catalina, Big Sur & Isaac

Post by gbussey »

Have any Mac users tried to set up a partition/volume where they run Catalina or other earlier Mac OS and Isaac, while putting Big Sur and all other apps (e.g., MS office apps, social media apps, etc.) in a separate partition/volume? If so, what were the steps you went through and how well did it work?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Question for Mac users re Catalina, Big Sur & Isaac

Post by Velocomp »

I have not done this, but I have installed Mojave as an OS on my version of Parallels (the hardware in my current iMac does not support Mojave).

Running Mojave on Parallels works just fine.
John Hamann
gbussey

Post by gbussey »

Velocomp wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:20 pm I have not done this, but I have installed Mojave as an OS on my version of Parallels (the hardware in my current iMac does not support Mojave).

Running Mojave on Parallels works just fine.
Thanks
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

Just to let you know that VMWare Fusion has opted to provide a free version of their virtual operating system.

So you could download that and install any of the previously available MacOS systems - and then install Isaac and the Velocomp bundle.

I have both VMWare and Parallels with older MacOS versions running in Big Sur - as well as Windows 10 - For Win 10 you will need a valid license - even using the valid code for Win 7 should work.