PowerPod and Home trainer

colnago1965

PowerPod and Home trainer

Post by colnago1965 »

I would like to understand if Trainer Mode on/off setting (via Isaac) is related only to current PP profile or instead is common to all the 4 profiles; it would be better if only related to active profile, so to set it once and not being forced to set/reset it each time when changing the active profile (switching outdoor vs indoor).

Is it the same for sending to PP the specific Trainer settings (power curve)?

I want to use same bike with 2 different wheelsets/speed sensors for outdoor and indoor cycling (using 2 different profiles).
If I copy the already existent outdoor profile (#1) to new indoor profile (#2), with changing only speed sensor id (in addition to bike/wheelset weight and/or Crr), when the new indoor profile is activated the PP led appears steady yellow, as when calibration is needed.
Is it correct?
Which kind of calibration (if any) when Trainer mode is on ?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: PowerPod and Home trainer

Post by Velocomp »

Trainer mode is attached to the active profile. So, for example, if your PP is set to Profile 2, and you turn on trainer mode with Isaac, profile 2 will be in indoor trainer mode. All your other profiles will continue to be in outdoor mode.

No calibration is required in indoor trainer mode. You will see the yellow light until indoor mode is turned on.
John Hamann
colnago1965

Post by colnago1965 »

Thank you, John, for your prompt reply.

PP working as expected. :D

Good to know that yellow led represents trainer mode on (undocumented yet useful feature) and not calibration needed.
colnago1965

Post by colnago1965 »

Hi John,
A question for you.

I have set 4 different PP profiles, each one with its own speed sensor.
Profiles #1, #2, and #3 are intended as outdoor profiles, while Profile #4 is intended as Indoor profile (set Trainer mode to ON).

If the latest active/used profile was #4, PP is able to return automatically to other profile when found the related speed sensor.
While if latest active/used profile was #1 or #2 or #3, the only way to switch to profile #4 is via Isaac.

Is this the expected behaviour or am I missing something?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

colnago1965 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:53 pm Hi John,
A question for you.

I have set 4 different PP profiles, each one with its own speed sensor.
Profiles #1, #2, and #3 are intended as outdoor profiles, while Profile #4 is intended as Indoor profile (set Trainer mode to ON).

If the latest active/used profile was #4, PP is able to return automatically to other profile when found the related speed sensor.
While if latest active/used profile was #1 or #2 or #3, the only way to switch to profile #4 is via Isaac.

Is this the expected behaviour or am I missing something?
That seems odd. I will check with our developer.
John Hamann
colnago1965

Post by colnago1965 »

Hi John,
any result from check with your programmer?

In the meantime, I have done some tests and it seems not relevant whether profile #4 is in Trainer mode or not.
It seems that, if the latest active profile was #1, #2, or #3, even if speed sensor associated to profile #4 is (the only) active sensor, PP doesn’t detect it (flashing green led) and therefore doesn’t switch automatically to profile #4.

Instead, if you have set profile #4 as active profile (via Isaac), PP detect speed sensor associated to profile #4 (which remains active).

I think you can reproduce what above.

I cannot understand this behaviour as expected, so to me it seems a sw bug.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

colnago1965 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:48 pm Hi John,

In the meantime, I have done some tests and it seems not relevant whether profile #4 is in Trainer mode or not.
It seems that, if the latest active profile was #1, #2, or #3, even if speed sensor associated to profile #4 is (the only) active sensor, PP doesn’t detect it (flashing green led) and therefore doesn’t switch automatically to profile #4.

Instead, if you have set profile #4 as active profile (via Isaac), PP detect speed sensor associated to profile #4 (which remains active).

This is an intended feature in AeroPod (profile 4 in AeroPod has very special behavior) that turns out to be an unintended bug in PowerPod. We will have a fix soon.
John Hamann
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

colnago1965 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:48 pm Hi John,

I have sent you an email regarding this.
John Hamann