Rather low wattage

st. friday

Rather low wattage

Post by st. friday »

Hi guys, I'm a new Powerpod owner and after the first two rides I am less than excited with the results.

For the first ride it refused to complete the calibration, going up from zero to 50 and getting stuck there. And then it lost connectivity intermittently together with the cadence sensor, flapping on and off until I got home.

For the second ride I was careful to pair it with the speed sensor only, then it looked fine. Except it displayed 80-90 watts of power for the whole ride, even when I pushed a little more than that. For any small climb (bridges and so on) it displayed some joyful numbers, 400 to 500 watts, which I also have reasons to doubt.

Can you please let me know what am I doing wrong?

I am attaching the ibr file from the last ride, if it's of any help.

Thank you
Attachments
Velocomp_11_28_2020_1153_59_km.ibr
(345.56 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Rather low wattage

Post by Velocomp »

If your PP stuck at 50W, the likely cause is that you did not stop before turning around. During a cal ride a full stop is required to trigger the return portion of your ride (51-100W).

The ride file you provided shows that your PP was uncalibrated. I can tell this because your wind scaling factor is the factory default value 1.000. Your ride file shows a constant tail wind, which causes your watts to be low.

Assuming that this is not a group ride, I used the "Analyze/Check Calibration" command to fix your ride.

Corrected ride file and profile are attached. Load the profile into PP and you should be good to go.

ALSO: your HR data is sketchy. Make sure your strap has a good battery in it. The cadence sensor was not paired to PP, so that's why you don't see any cadence data.
Attachments
St_Friday_Corr_11_28_2020_1153_59_km.ibr
(541.56 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
St Friday.ibp
(577 Bytes) Downloaded 125 times
John Hamann
st. friday

Post by st. friday »

Thank you for your help.

May I presume the pod is calibrated now and it will keep this calibration for the future?
Also - if it loses it - will it suffice to run the "Analyse/Check Calibration" command and it will be done?

Regarding the other sensors: I did not wanted it to connect to cadence and heart sensors because it will get sketchy data.
My computer got clean data from the HR monitor (see attached pic).
Same thing happened during the first ride with the cadence sensor.

Thanks again for your help.
Attachments
Screenshot_20201203-100629.png
Screenshot_20201203-100629.png (114 KiB) Viewed 1717 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

st. friday wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:12 am Thank you for your help.

May I presume the pod is calibrated now and it will keep this calibration for the future?
Also - if it loses it - will it suffice to run the "Analyse/Check Calibration" command and it will be done?

Regarding the other sensors: I did not wanted it to connect to cadence and heart sensors because it will get sketchy data.
Same thing happened during the first ride with the cadence sensor.

Thanks again for your help.
May I presume the pod is calibrated now and it will keep this calibration for the future? YES AND YES

Also - if it loses it - will it suffice to run the "Analyse/Check Calibration" command and it will be done? YOUR CALIBRATION IS STORED IN MEMORY AND WON'T BE LOST. USE THE CHECK CALIBRATION FEATURE ONLY IF YOU SEE AN OBVIOUS PROBLEM IN YOUR RIDE FILE (WIND SPEED IS THE COMMON PROBLEM)

Same thing happened during the first ride with the cadence sensor. OK
John Hamann