initial altitude

kurt

initial altitude

Post by kurt »

Hello,

Mostly I start from home. However every time the pressure is slightly different and the powerpod thinks my starting altitude is different. (it even once thought I started at -100m altitude).
I know in the ISAAC software there is a functionality to correct it. But to my opinion it is stupid that I have to do it every time (I know I am lazy).

Is it possible that I can fixe the starting altitude to a fix value?

Many thanks

Kurt
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: initial altitude

Post by Velocomp »

The short answer is: no.

PP does not actually measure altitude; like every other device of its type, it measures barometric pressure. This means that, on a given day, the altitude PP displays not only is dependent on altitude, but also weather. Think high and low pressure fronts...

PP converts baro pressure to altitude with a formula that is based on constant weather conditions. So, when weather changes the starting elevation will change, too.
John Hamann
kurt

Post by kurt »

Hello, I understand that the powerpod can't do it. But the ISAAC software should be able to do it automatically because you can do it now manually.
Or am I mistaking?

Thanks

Kurt
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

When Isaac opens a ride file, it has no idea where the ride takes place. Therefore it is impossible for Isaac to know the starting elevation
John Hamann
kurt

Post by kurt »

Hello,

Sorry to continue ( I am a little bit stubborn)

I also know that the ISAAC soft were doesn't know where I started (but I do because I always start from home).
I had something in mind like this:
Do you want that ISAAC software update starting elevation automatically each time? if checkbox yes
Which altitude do you want to start? enter a positive number.

However if I am the only one that this want it is indeed not worth wile to do the extra programming.

Thanks

Kurt
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

kurt wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:33 am Hello,

Sorry to continue ( I am a little bit stubborn)

I also know that the ISAAC soft were doesn't know where I started (but I do because I always start from home).
I had something in mind like this:
Do you want that ISAAC software update starting elevation automatically each time? if checkbox yes
Which altitude do you want to start? enter a positive number.

However if I am the only one that this want it is indeed not worth wile to do the extra programming.

Thanks

Kurt
This is the first time in 15 years that someone has requested this feature.
John Hamann