Calibration PP V3

Wlh1974

Calibration PP V3

Post by Wlh1974 »

When calibrating my PP V3 with a Garmin Edge 830, an issue appears: after reaching the 100% during the out-and-back ride, my PP flashes red several times and then goes back in O&B-modus by blinking red/green. Moreover, on my Garmin the Watts start counting again from 0 to 50. Apperantly, the calibration has not been completed properly.

I already did a hard reset and checked for new firmware on Isaac, but the issue keeps comming back. Any ideas how to solve this?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Calibration PP V3

Post by Velocomp »

This can happen if PP is angled too high in the air. Make sure your PP is mounted reasonably level to the road below, then try recalibrating.

If the issue persists contact technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps.
John Hamann
Wlh1974

Post by Wlh1974 »

Thanks John, the issue is solved now: I had my PP mounted to the GoPro connection of my Garmin mount. After changing it to the original PP mount (which is lower) the calibration went fine.
flysplat

Post by flysplat »

How do I initiate a re-calibration ride?

I think the angle of the mount has changed and when I do a check calbration in Isaac FRIC gies from 6.608 to 22.734 so I think calibration is out.

What sort of figures should I be expecting to see for FRIC for a road bike ridden on good surfaces?
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

Hold the button on the PP for about 4 seconds - LED will flash.

This resets the PP back into calibration mode - and then go back and start the calibration procedure.