PP BLE and the front mount

Biff

PP BLE and the front mount

Post by Biff »

Hi John,

I just got my front mount from you that I ordered the other day. I put it on my new mountain bike and then took my PP off my road bike (handle bar mount) and put it on this new mount. The issue is that no matter how tight I tighten, and whether from left or right, the PP is able to move/tilt forward and backward. It does not lock in to the position like on my other front mount from you or my handlebar mount.

Please advise.

Biff
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: PP BLE and the front mount

Post by Velocomp »

Please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps
John Hamann
Biff

Re: PP BLE and the front mount

Post by Biff »

FYI,
The resolution on this has been:

Tom mailed me a new bottom piece which had no effect. It was maybe a tad tighter, but the BLE had an easy approx 4 degree swing back and forth.
I had said it did not do this in my 2018 front mount but I had had this ble unit in there for about a year and actually don't know if it ever moved or not...did not examin rides close enough. But sure enough, when I went and took my v3 PP out of that mount and re mounted my BLE in there, it DID have the 4 degree swing.
So, at this point the situation is my BLE will not tighten to the "lockdown" position (pressing it skyward in front, down in back) in either of 3 attachments from the 2 front mounts plus the extra bottom Tom sent me.
I then tried the BLE in the handle bar mount from one of my power pod boxes...locks in fine- like a champ.
Also, my v3 PP locks in all 3 bottoms just fine as well.
My BLE is not rounded.
It sat in it's mount and was not touched from about 7/2018 till 8/2019 (bought new in 6/2018).
Oh, Tom also swore the thumb screw was not the best option and to use the allen screw. I tried that first on all 3 mounts...no effect. I placed the allen key in the screw and tighten till I felt I could bend/break the allen and still, loose as can be.I also tried with thumb and then allen key to tighten the 3 bottom mounts while empty to in effect, squeeze the tabs close together. The issue here is not left/right tightness, the issue is the tab on the BLE is not long enough by about 1 maybe 2mm.

So, in the end, my solution was this: I had a carbon bar that I mount to my handle bar and I attached the handle bar mount to that carbon bar and that combo is able to be tightened down rock solid so I guess that's what I need to do. Quite a bummer to drop 70 on a new front mount that is actually totally useless. I had other garmin mounts which is all it is now.
I'd much much rather this worked as it is advertised and like the V3 does.
Not happy.