Getting GPS data from Garmin Edge 530/830

kennyliu10

Getting GPS data from Garmin Edge 530/830

Post by kennyliu10 »

I ride with Garmin Edge 830, which already collects the GPS information. I wish the PP and Garmin can talk so when importing the .ibr file into Isaac, the GPS data will already be there.

I guess you want us to purchase the GPS code for $20. But even then, do I have to carry my phone and have the ibike app opened while I ride? Or can it pair with Garmin via Bluetooth?

Currently, I go to Garmin Connect, download my workout file and import/merge it using Isaac, which will then give me the complete file with GPS data. Is that the same thing i'd get with the $20?
Last edited by kennyliu10 on Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
texbiker

Re: Getting GPS data from Garmin Edge 530/830

Post by texbiker »

I have merged the GPS data from my Wahoo Elemnt using Isaac, no extra software required. I then exported the ride to Google Earth and see the ride with power data. Go to File>Merge GPS, Power, etc> and follow the steps. You will need the ibr file for the ride plus the TXC or other file from your Garmin and create a Google Earth file.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Getting GPS data from Garmin Edge 530/830

Post by Velocomp »

texbiker wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:21 pm I have merged the GPS data from my Wahoo Elemnt using Isaac, no extra software required. I then exported the ride to Google Earth and see the ride with power data. Go to File>Merge GPS, Power, etc> and follow the steps. You will need the ibr file for the ride plus the TXC or other file from your Garmin and create a Google Earth file.
This will work just fine!
John Hamann