Feature Request - MTB Mode

raider

Feature Request - MTB Mode

Post by raider »

Hi Velocomp,
So far, I have been really happy with my PP. It works OK as long as I know the limitations. As I understand, the cadence sensor is used to zero the power out when the cadence is zero, no matter what is power level that is calculated by the PP, is that correct?. The problem is during MTB rides is very common to have just some revolutions on the pedals when going downhill with small climbs. Those are very high power spikes (stand up pedaling on big gear) but the cadence sensor takes several seconds to start detecting (at least the magnetless from Garmin). I understand that is not an issue on the PP, but is something that can be fixed by it.

My request is to have a MTB mode with a power threshold as a setting (on Isaac). If the PP calculates a higher power than the threshold, it will send it to the head unit even if cadence is zero. The user then can adjust the threshold to what he wants to see on the head unit, and more important, detect all those burnt matches that we use on long descents on MTB.

Do you think that is something feasible or even a good idea?

Thanks for your great product.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Feature Request - MTB Mode

Post by Velocomp »

1) Correct. Power is zero when cadence is zero.

2) The cadence sensor delay should not be significant. You might want to check your Garmin averaging; make it zero

3) Another thing to try is to un-pair your cadence sensor from PP. You will get PP power at all times.
John Hamann
TuRu00

Re: Feature Request - MTB Mode

Post by TuRu00 »

I think that MTB mode could be great. Another feature that i suggest is non locked fork for climbing... in that situations PP overreads... may be doing some smooth on the slope sensor...