A little help - MTB

GhostRider

A little help - MTB

Post by GhostRider »

Morning from the UK!

I am in need of a little help, please. I received my PowerPod Lite late last week and have now done two rides (15 and 26 miles) testing it out, and I am sure it is under valuing my work.
I set it up with default settings for the road type, tyres and so on, and I think that is where I went wrong, seeing as I am riding an MTB on bridleways mainly (hardpack, tarmac, gravel, compacted mud, etc.), and after some looking around on here, I have gone from a Certain of around 0.009 to 0.019, as that adjustment on the ride data made the work done more in line with my past estimates on the same routes. However, not ridden on the changed Crr, but I think I might be better off at a 0.014 for the type of routes I am working on, after finding a post on here. If someone could check my thinking, I will list my rider and bike details.

Ghost Kato 5 29er, 35lbs
29 x 2.1 (Garmin calculated circ. 2252mm) Panaracer Comet Hardpack XC 60psi (https://www.evanscycles.com/panaracer-c ... e-EV169512)
6ft1 220lbs rider, ~10lbs kit? (I will probably weight it before I commit again)
Hardpack, gravel, rough, some regular roads, some tarmac cycle paths, loose chippings, you get the idea.

I have checked the wind port and it is not being blocked. I did not realise my cadence sensor was not paired, and had noticed on some of the rougher sections my power would drop and sometimes be 0 when I was putting work in, so guessing it was not picking up my pedal strokes, but have confirmed it is now paired and showing in wireless.

Anything else that would be helpful to give me help with the right settings?

Thanks in advance.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: A little help - MTB

Post by Velocomp »

The first 10 minutes of your ride file are recorded in PP Lite.

Please use Isaac software to download the .ibr ride file and we will be able to help.
John Hamann
GhostRider

Post by GhostRider »

Thanks, the 16 mile first 10 mins will be a mix of road surface and tarmac cycle path. The 26 mile has a range of surface also, but also mainly hardpack and rough.
Attachments
iBike_09_08_2018_1517_26_Miles.ibr
(32.95 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
iBike_09_07_2018_1226_16_Miles.ibr
(31.89 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

I adjusted your profile:

1) Increased Crr from .0054 (asphalt) to hardback (0.0091)

2) tweaked wind scaling a bit

Load the attach profile into your PP and you should get solid results
Attachments
Ghostrider.ibp
(426 Bytes) Downloaded 146 times
John Hamann
GhostRider

Post by GhostRider »

Thank you for that.
Can I ask a silly question, does the Crr change dynamically as sensed during the ride or remain static when set in that profile?

Before you sent that one, I rode with the attached profile and I think it gave results a lot like I was expecting, but it looks like it may have been too high based on the profile generated, or with the wind scaling adjusted, would it come out the same but more exact for the Crr as it would really be? (if I am making sense).
Attachments
Ghost Kato 5er 09_09_18.ibp
(380 Bytes) Downloaded 139 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

You can use your profile.
John Hamann