PP In Calibration Mode When it Shouldn't Be?

viniga

PP In Calibration Mode When it Shouldn't Be?

Post by viniga »

OK so, sequence of events and results, firmware 6.41:

1. Two bikes already calibrated, TT and Road
2. Re-calibration for TT as it has shiny new wheels :)
3. Use Isacc to put PP into calibration mode
4. When starting the ride the PP didn't want to calibrate so I remembered that in this firmware if you re-pair the sensors it forces this
5. Goes into calibration mode, ride proceeds as expected
6. Back at Isacc I notice there is no cal ride, there is a really small 0k file - but I have to force Isacc to open this and it looks weird... hmmm
7. So I extract the new profile from the ride after, which looks fine
8. This morning I go to work on the Road Bike (which has a different speed sensor, attach the PP press the button etc and start riding as normal but no power, I notice lights are in calibration mode, blinking Orange...

So one observation - the process for calibration as documented and what we have grown used to seeing in Isacc has changed a lot in 6.41 - this is confusing.

And one question? What do I do for the Road Bike now, do I force the profile in from Isacc or re-calibrate it... or??

Thanks,

Vince
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: PP In Calibration Mode When it Shouldn't Be?

Post by Velocomp »

Hi Vince:

Please do the following:

1) Extract the profiles for your bikes, and post the profiles here

2) Use the Device/Set Active Profile device command to determine which profile is currently active. Which bike is this?

3) Awaken the sensors on the bike where the profile is active, and see if PP pairs to that bike. It should...

4) If PP does not pair, press-hold the button for about 10 seconds, to do a hard reset. Does that fix things?

Let us know your findings!
John Hamann
viniga

Post by viniga »

Hi John,

Before I read your reply I used Isacc to force the PP to use the Road Bike profile which worked. And this morning it switched as expected to the TT bike profile when connecting.

When forcing it to the Road bike, the dialog showed it was set to profile "3: Unsaved Type (Initial Setup)". So something isn't working quite right after the calibration ride, as it doesn't seem to be switching mode.

Files attached as requested, also the post ride file for the TT (7km) and the odd (0km) ride which I think might be the calibration ride.

Hope this helps,

Vince
Attachments
iBike_09_06_2018_1720_7_km_HiDef.ibr
(159.3 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
TT.ibp
(457 Bytes) Downloaded 166 times
Road.ibp
(441 Bytes) Downloaded 153 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Your TT ride file looks fine.

My suspicion is that, somehow, your PP was set to an empty profile. When that happens the Automatic Profile Selection feature might not work as it should.
John Hamann
viniga

Post by viniga »

Hi John,

Yes I think you are right. So something not quite right at the end of the cal ride. After it got to 100 normal power numbers appeared and I just rode. Should I have done something different?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

I think you are OK. Let me know if you have any problems in the future.
John Hamann