PP calibration too short for Isaac

darthmonkey

PP calibration too short for Isaac

Post by darthmonkey »

If I hold the PP button until it flashes indicating a calibration, then successfully go out on a calibration ride (0-100w) I assume it works, but unfortunately if I try to check it on Isaac, the ride file is too short (I've attempted this three times now, on two different bikes, and the distance is consistently about half what is required).
I'm wondering if this is by design, and if there's a way of going on a 'full' (1km+) calibration ride by using some Isaac settings?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: PP calibration too short for Isaac

Post by Velocomp »

The file to look at is the one AFTER the calibration. Ride for a few KM after the calibration. That file will have all the parameters from your calibration.

Note: FW 641 considerably shortened the calibration length and time. This is by design.
John Hamann
darthmonkey

Post by darthmonkey »

Thanks John,
Now the PP calibration ride is shorter, does that mean I now have to do an 'out and back' calibration ride by holding various buttions, and then do another out and back (non-calibration) ride of at least 1km to check it worked in Isaac?

I ask as from memory Isaac seems to specify a ride which started where it finished, and is at least 1km.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

After completing your calibration ride, just continue with a normal solo ride.

If you're using the "Check Calibration" feature in Isaac, the subsequent ride does need to be at least 1KM in length.
John Hamann
darthmonkey

Post by darthmonkey »

Just to confirm, if I just keep riding for example on a commute, and finish in a different place to where I started, will Isaac work with the 'check calibration' feature?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

If you are riding in calm winds and do not draft, you can get some relevant information.

Depending on elevation change "Check Calibration" may burp, but post the file and I will look at it.
John Hamann