Recalibration feature request

warbs

Recalibration feature request

Post by warbs »

Hello,

My PP has recalibrated a number of times over the last month or so, due to being swapped between bikes or getting knocked in transport.

Probably like a lot of people I use a Garmin to display output and at the end of my ride garmin connect sends the detail to Strava.

My feature request is that during a recalibration the pp sends conservative figures to the garmin until the recal has completed, eg maybe count down from 100, or just oscillate between two numbers so it’s obvious what’s happening.

The reason for this is that during a recalibration I see numbers between 500 and 1000W, which end up in Strava as maximum. The numbers may be this high because I have hills that always come in the first 5 minutes of my ride.

Thoughts?

Chris
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Recalibration feature request

Post by Velocomp »

The easy thing to do is to leave your Garmin off for the first 2 minutes of your ride. After that, turn it on!
John Hamann
posh

Post by posh »

This is what i did,
Switch on garmin.
Ride to wake up all sensor.
Switch on pp.
Continue for few mins.
Click “Start” on garmin to record ride.
warbs

Post by warbs »

Thanks for the feedback, I hadn't considered that kind of approach, I'll bear that in mind.

@john it's easier to click "update firmware" and never have to think about this again ;)

Cheers

Chris
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Actually, there isn't a firmware fix for this particular problem. If your PP is moved between rides, the FW will take about 1 minute to recalibrate.

A different workaround is to leave PP on your bike. If you download rides bring your bike to your computer (this is what I do).

If you don't download rides, and leave PP attached to your bike, then there should be zero issue when you start new rides.
John Hamann