Profiles After Firmware Upgrade v6.41

NickBean

Profiles After Firmware Upgrade v6.41

Post by NickBean »

Hi John,

This is essentially the same topic as my previous question dated 19 July 2018, after I upgraded to firmware v6.40.

I have now upgraded to firmware v6.41 and, after having issues with my bike profiles in Isaac, decided to do a hard reset of my PowerPod. I then reset all the profiles in Isaac and basically started again.

I then set up two new profiles in Isaac, one for my road bike and one for my TT bike. I then went through the sensor pairing process and shortened O&B calibration rides for each bike a couple of hours apart to avoid any possible cross sensor pairing problems. All seemed to go well.

The continuing issue I have is that the profiles for each bike, notwithstanding I gave them different names, show up as "Unsaved (type: Initial Setup)" when I connect my PowerPod to Isaac and go into Device Setup. When I view the details of each "unsaved" profile, they appear to be the same - both have the set-up details of my TT bike.

In view of the above, I'm not sure if the power readings for my road bike reflect the original details I inputted (i.e. hoods, elbows bent ride position, 115 psi tire pressure etc.) or are from the details of my TT bike (i.e. time trial ride position, 135 psi tire pressure etc.).

I've attached two ride files. The 07-31-2018 ride is for my TT bike and the 08-01-2018 ride is for my road bike.

Any guidance you can give me would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Nick Bean
Attachments
iBike_08_01_2018_1321_44_Miles.ibr
(453.46 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
iBike_07_31_2018_1918_10_Miles.ibr
(87.85 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Profiles After Firmware Upgrade v6.41

Post by Velocomp »

All is well. Here is what I did:

1) I opened your 7/31 TT ride file, clicked "Edit/Edit Profiles/Extract from Ride File". I named this profile "TT". The CdA of this profile is 0.284...consistent with a road bike. Your speed sensor ID is 10509

2) I opened your 8/1 road ride file, clicked "Edit/Edit Profiles/Extract from Ride File". I named this profile "Road". The CdA of this profile is .367...consistent with a road bike. Your speed sensor ID is 44102

So, your PP should automatically switch profiles when you change bikes, and your profiles are correct for the bike types you have.

The reason you are seeing the TT profile show up is that, when you connect PP to Isaac and go to Setup Device, Isaac will check the profile of the one most recently in use. In your case this is the TT profile.
John Hamann