different sensor IDs in profile vs showing on Garmin; O&B confirmation, pls.

flahutewannabe

different sensor IDs in profile vs showing on Garmin; O&B confirmation, pls.

Post by flahutewannabe »

Did a new sensor pairing after upgrading to 4.61, and the magnetless Garmin cadence and speed sensor IDs in the profile (extracted from the device) show different numbers than show on my Garmin Fenix 3. To make sure I was had cadence/speed paired to my Powerpod my Garmin 800 is set to "bike sensors/no" so that I'm getting those readings on the Garmin 800 as transmitted from PP vs picking up the sensors directly. (yes, running two Garmins...)

There are no other bikes/sensors around, so I'm thinking I should be seeing the same IDs on the Fenix and the PP profile? Or is the sensor ID changed when received by PP and then re-transmitted to the Garmin?

Fenix is showing speed 436377, profile is showing speed 43161, type 101
Fenix is showing cadence 45129, profile is showing cadence 58213, type 101

Attached is the profile.

Also, I'm a bit skeptical that my O&B sent as designed. I think the pairing was good (green flashes, three red flashes, then solid green) but the O&B was solid yellow, red/green, press to start the cal ride. Reading climbed from zero to 50. However, the display didn't stop at 50 but kept going up, and the light didn't go solid red either. I did stop and turn around at 52 on the display, and it continued to count up to 100 and then varied with effort. Also, the three rides I've done since the new pairing seem to be running "hot" with readings particularly high when riding into the wind or with higher ambient wind speeds.

Do I have a good cal ride? Any tweaks to the profile you'd recommend based on the latest two ride files here?

Thanks, John!
profile #1 extracted 7--31-2018.ibp
(458 Bytes) Downloaded 199 times
The attachment iBike_07_31_2018_1024_35_Miles.ibr is no longer available
The attachment profile #1 extracted 7--31-2018.ibp is no longer available
4speed

Re: different sensor IDs in profile vs showing on Garmin; O&B confirmation, pls.

Post by 4speed »

Same situation, counts to 100 and then i made a U turn and then goes it back to 50 and counts to 100, end of calibration
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: different sensor IDs in profile vs showing on Garmin; O&B confirmation, pls.

Post by Velocomp »

flahutewannabe wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:09 pm Did a new sensor pairing after upgrading to 4.61, and the magnetless Garmin cadence and speed sensor IDs in the profile (extracted from the device) show different numbers than show on my Garmin Fenix 3. To make sure I was had cadence/speed paired to my Powerpod my Garmin 800 is set to "bike sensors/no" so that I'm getting those readings on the Garmin 800 as transmitted from PP vs picking up the sensors directly. (yes, running two Garmins...)

There are no other bikes/sensors around, so I'm thinking I should be seeing the same IDs on the Fenix and the PP profile? Or is the sensor ID changed when received by PP and then re-transmitted to the Garmin?

Fenix is showing speed 436377, profile is showing speed 43161, type 101
Fenix is showing cadence 45129, profile is showing cadence 58213, type 101

Attached is the profile.

Also, I'm a bit skeptical that my O&B sent as designed. I think the pairing was good (green flashes, three red flashes, then solid green) but the O&B was solid yellow, red/green, press to start the cal ride. Reading climbed from zero to 50. However, the display didn't stop at 50 but kept going up, and the light didn't go solid red either. I did stop and turn around at 52 on the display, and it continued to count up to 100 and then varied with effort. Also, the three rides I've done since the new pairing seem to be running "hot" with readings particularly high when riding into the wind or with higher ambient wind speeds.

Do I have a good cal ride? Any tweaks to the profile you'd recommend based on the latest two ride files here?

Thanks, John!
iBike_07_28_2018_1258_20_Miles.ibriBike_07_31_2018_1024_35_Miles.ibrprofile #1 extracted 7--31-2018.ibp
Ride files are not attached. Profile data looks OK. Don't worry about IDs compared to Fenix.

If you did your cal ride going uphill, then it's likely that the solid red appeared.
John Hamann
flahutewannabe

Post by flahutewannabe »

Interesting that I was technologically challenged to get the files to stick. Thought I had them attached several times. We'll try again here.

O&B was pretty flat.

Thanks, John.
Attachments
iBike_07_31_2018_1024_35_Miles.ibr
(418.07 KiB) Downloaded 220 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Your ride file looks fine. HR strap kicked in at mile 9.

It looks like you had a lot of head wind towards the end of your ride.

At other places there are cross winds but the numbers seem reasonable.
John Hamann