New Firmware ??

speedyvelo

New Firmware ??

Post by speedyvelo »

DO I have to do an O&B everytime I pair the device?

I often change the HR monitor (one is a chest strap and the other one a helmet) and I repaired the device to recognize the different HR ID. In this particular case do I have to do and O&B every time I use a different HR monitor?

It seems the whole new firmware is directed to make the calibration simple and easier. Well the present calibration is excellent already, hard to improve it.

I have not update yet.

Thank you.

-=terry=-
texbiker

Re: New Firmware ??

Post by texbiker »

Maybe a second profile with the different HR monitor would cover the change.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

I think this is a good idea.
John Hamann
speedyvelo

Post by speedyvelo »

Thank you for your reply.
I though that you can have only one profile associated with each speed sensor. In my case I have two speed sensores one for each bike. Each bike has its own speed sensor, cadence sensor and the same HR monitor (Helmet). If I decide to change the HR monitor I just press the button for 4 sec to pair the new HR. When I download the file, Isaac asked me if I want to change the HR monitor in the profile or not. Most of the tine I say not, so next time I just awake the PP and ready to go.

If I follow your suggestion and Isaac allow me to create another profile with the same speed and cadence sensor and different HR monitor then I would have to send the profile to the device before the ride. I hope I do not have to re-calibrate each time.

I have not upgrade yet, because I am not sure if I can revert to the previous FW jic I do not like it.

Thanks again

-=terry=-
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

If I understand this properly, you have two bikes, each with a unique speed sensor. If that is so you can create a profile for each bike. You'll need to do a cal ride for each bike.

I also understand you to say that you have two different HR straps that you use with each bike. For the bike you're riding today, you do a new sensor pairing with the HR strap you're using.

With FW 640, each time you do a sensor pairing you are forced to do a new cal ride.

A workaround would be to create 2 profiles for each bike: for example, bike 1 has profile 1 and 2. You'll do a bike 1 sensor pairing for profile 1 with HR strap 1. Profile 2 will have bike sensor 1 and HR strap 2. Profiles 3 and 4 would be for bike 2.

You will need to do a cal ride for each bike, say on profile 1 and 3. You can copy the settings into profiles 2 and 4.

The only thing you'll need to do is use Isaac to manually set the profile for today's ride.
John Hamann
speedyvelo

Post by speedyvelo »

Thanks John I will do that.

-=terry=-