Love this PP

Biff

Love this PP

Post by Biff »

I am really really enjoying my powerpod.
It has been very solid for weeks now. I had my first race, a crit, a couple weeks ago. It was raining hard and between my front tire and the rear tire of those I was drafting, there was a ton of dirty water kicking up into my face, let alone the PP. I had trouble even seeing for a bit. After about 15 minutes, my power readings were dropping out and/or showing low for the felt resistance but these were very miserable conditions. I was literally spitting out brown water that was flying up into my face. It was nasty. I don't fault PP at all and I guess you'd have to admit a dfpm would work consistently in that scenario, the fact of the matter is, those conditions wont happen much so, I don't and did not worry about it.
Attached is a nice long ride I did and then today's ride where before the ride, i loosened the Garmin/PP mount because i wanted it a bit more level. I did so and fully expected the next ride to re-cal for the first 8 mins or so and you can see that perfectly here. I love this thing.
The attachment iBike_07_01_2018_1011_33_Miles_HiDef.ibr is no longer available
iBike_07_01_2018_1011_33_Miles_HiDef.ibr
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 191 times
Biff

Re: Love this PP

Post by Biff »

iBike_07_05_2018_1753_18_Miles_HiDef.ibr
(638.97 KiB) Downloaded 242 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Love this PP

Post by Velocomp »

Both ride files look fine! Nice intervals on your 7/5 ride...

Once you load 640 into your unit you'll see the 8 minutes change to 90 seconds!
John Hamann