Power Pod Different Wheel/Tyre Combo

spangelsaregreat

Power Pod Different Wheel/Tyre Combo

Post by spangelsaregreat »

Hi,

I have my Powerpod set up on my cross bike which I use for commuting/winter bike. It has Schwalbe G One Speeds and it is calibrated well. They are 30c tyres and I run them at 70/80 psi pressures.

I have got an identical wheel set for gravel riding. The only difference is they have Maxxis Rambler 38C tyres which I will probably run about 30/40 psi.

I would intend to just swap the speed sensor across between the wheels.

Obviously all other factors for Powerpods set up remain the same, rider and bike weight, aero position etc. However I assuming the wider tyres with lower pressures will affect Powerpods readings. I made a copy of the PowerPod profile renamed for Gravel (I had to slightly change the aero figure to allow me to save it).

I know PowerPod would not automatically switch profiles as I am using the same speed sensor but could I just manually tell it using ISSAC which profile to use? Also would changing the tyre size in the profile be enough, I can't see anywhere I can change the tyre pressures.

Regards
spangelsaregreat

Re: Power Pod Different Wheel/Tyre Combo

Any reply?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Sorry for the delay in responding.

You can set up a profile for each bike, using the same speed sensor. Just remember that you'll need to switch profiles manually in Isaac, as you suggest.

You can make adjustments to tire pressure in the Device/Device Setup wizard
John Hamann
spangelsaregreat

Does that mean I need to do a new calibration ride? I thought I could just change the tyre related data as everything else is the same.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

spangelsaregreat wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:12 am Does that mean I need to do a new calibration ride? I thought I could just change the tyre related data as everything else is the same.
OK, I get it now...you are using the same bike but swapping wheels on it.

Set up a new profile for your other wheel set.

Yes, you should do a new cal ride for the other wheel set.
John Hamann