Suggestions for Combo Mounts for Garmin/Powerpod

stevepmoore

Suggestions for Combo Mounts for Garmin/Powerpod

Post by stevepmoore »

Does anyone have suggestions for alternative combo mounts for Garmin/Powerpod?

I want to move my Powerpod between 4 bikes and therefore need another 3 mounts. I am likely to get a Barfly 4 TT mount for my TT bike as I have read that this works well with the Powerpod. I need a couple of (preferably) out front mounts for road bikes.
Can anyone suggest some 'cheaper' alternatives to the K-Edge/Velocomp mounts that work? I may yet get a K-Edge or Velocomp out front for one of the bikes but wanted to look at options first
I read somewhere that they need to have the 'stop' on the mount for Powerpod to stop up against. Can anyone confirm if this is the case, or if they have successfully mounted Powerpod on one without the stop.
Also, do they need to be alloy?

Many thanks for any suggestions
Steve
oxenhoper

Re: Suggestions for Combo Mounts for Garmin/Powerpod

Post by oxenhoper »

I've used both mounts with and without a stop.. without any problems.

Just make sure the Powerpod logo is square to the ground each time and fully tightened up then it's good to go.

Used a stem mounted mount on the TT bike and a Lifeline from wiggle on the road bike, also a K edge mount. All work fine.

Steve
stevepmoore

Re: Suggestions for Combo Mounts for Garmin/Powerpod

Post by stevepmoore »

Many thanks for the reply. Re: the lack of stop - that's good to know.
I think I will get a Velocomp out front for the race bike and then a cheaper alloy stem mount (minus the stop) for the training bike.

thanks

Steve