review ride file please

Biff

Re: review ride file please

Post by Biff »

Ok, will do.

In Isaac, is there a way for me to see if it has picked up the cadence and HR strap?
Biff

Post by Biff »

Looking better
iBike_06_10_2018_1818_1_Miles_HiDef.ibr
(23.8 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Biff wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:12 pm Ok, will do.

In Isaac, is there a way for me to see if it has picked up the cadence and HR strap?
Yes. Go to Edit/Edit Profiles. Click the "Extract from Ride File" button. Click on Wireless IDs. Non-zero numbers will appear wherever you have paired.
John Hamann
Biff

Post by Biff »

ok, new ride today. All seemed good until I noticed around the 13.5 minute mark I had no power. I didn't go pressing any buttons this time and just kept riding and to my surprise power starting coming back after about 5 minutes. What do you think John?

Before I posted this, I saw your post on how to see the wireless id's so I went back over to Isaac and went edit, edit profiles, then clicked the Extract from Ride File button but I just get this pop up that says: You already have a matching profile: then it lists the current profile.
I then looked on the wireless id tab over on the right side of the edit profiles window and only see that only speed is connected, yet I had both cadence and HR since I re-paired last evening. Am I misinterpreting it?

iBike_06_11_2018_1549_14_Miles_HiDef.ibr
(441.66 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
Biff

Post by Biff »

oh, and tech support's email this morning had the right tip to get my unit nice and tight now which was done after today's ride, btw.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Your sensors are all there in your profile...

Please post another ride file after tomorrow's ride. I want to make sure your PP is securely fastened.
John Hamann
Biff

Post by Biff »

iBike_06_14_2018_1901_10_Miles_HiDef.ibr
(311.35 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
Didn't get out till tonight but I'm pleased to say the unit is nice and stiff still on the bike and this ride file, imo, looks good.

I was being a wise guy on the last post. I was curious what you'd say about that gap of no power. when that happened I recall the road getting very bumpy all of a sudden, so I presume the PP moved just enough to upset it as you see it gaps with no power, then it starts trickling back and within 8 minutes, more like 5-6 it is back on. I think that is neat and recall DC R saying something about it in his review.

So to sum all this up for any future Pp users reading this, IMO, the unit I have might have gotten flaky for a bit a couple times but in my inexperience I probably made it worse with too much button pushing. Once I read John's instructions to reset it, then connect back to Isaac (for correct date) then go out with it, it was predictable and working. Also, at some point during all this, my unit was a tad loose even when thumb tightened as hard as I could. Tech support sent along word to take the unit out, put the screw in and tighten it down hard which compresses everything more without the Pp in it, then try it again. That worked for me.

I will say, my 5 or 6 calibrations all saw the counter continue. I never have had it stop at 50-51. And then when resetting mine (hold for 10) mine starts blinking at 4 (pairing mode i think) and blinks like that till 10 or 11 then there's an extra blank and then the blinking resumes- it didn't seem to work as it was written out on here.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Your last ride looks good, and the unit is not rotating.
John Hamann