Please Could Someone Check Data from File

stevepmoore

Please Could Someone Check Data from File

Post by stevepmoore »

I wonder if it's possible for someone to check the attached file as I think it is showing too high readings for the latter part of the ride.
The file is basically 2 parts. 1) Commute out to club TT course (so basically stop/start ride in traffic, lots of traffic lights etc. 2) Training effort round 10mile TT course. I rolled up to the line, stopped and restarted my Garmin (leaving Powerpod running) and set off on my effort. You can see the peak where I accelerated to start my effort. Apparently I average 336w for the 10 mile effort (would be nice, but highly unlikely at my current stage of post-injury fitness). Is there something obvious that I am missing.
I have been using the Powerpod on the turbo trainer for the previous 5 weeks, but have turned indoor trainer mode off.

I have also attached a second file (ride home from the same night) for reference (_19 miles file).

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Steve
Attachments
iBike_05_23_2018_1721_37_Miles.ibr
(411.47 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
stevepmoore

Re: Please Could Someone Check Data from File

Post by stevepmoore »

Second ride file attached

Thanks

Steve
Attachments
iBike_05_23_2018_2046_19_Miles.ibr
(204.93 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Your calibration is off; watts are high because wind speed is high. Also, Crr is a bit high; I'm guessing it should be more like 0.004

The last 10 miles of your 37 mile ride are an out-and-back. I used this to correct your wind scaling.

I split the ride file in 2, then used the Check Calibration feature for the 10 miles of training.

You are a strong cyclist, and even with correction you averaged 264W on your training.

Corrected ride file and profile attached.
Attachments
Stevetraining_05_23_2018_1856_10_Miles.ibr
(187.12 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
SteveJRH.ibp
(571 Bytes) Downloaded 164 times
John Hamann
stevepmoore

Post by stevepmoore »

Hi John,

Many thanks for taking a look at the file. I did think it was a bit strange that I was putting out Alex Dowsett type numbers for my meagre training effort :D

If I send the new profile you have kindly tweaked to my device, is it good to go or do I need to do a new calibration ride?

Thank you in advance,

Steve
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Load the profile and ride. After 8 minutes all should be well!
John Hamann