Calibration and few other questions

joningi

Calibration and few other questions

Post by joningi »

I moved my powerpod to a new bike, did an out and back calibration and than had a race the day after.

The powerpod is attached to a Trek Emonda road bike, I'm 192cm and just under 100kg

How does the quality of the calibration look ?
The activity file contains a 63km race and a easy warm up with two sprints before. I feel that the power number
I was seeing are on the higher side, is there anything to indicate that it is the case ?
(For the race part is was avg 292w and NP of 357w for around 1 hours and 40 minutes)
This was my first race and I was putting down a lot of power but still these number look just a little bit high

One extra question, I normally ride on the hoods and used that setting when I did the calibration ride.
When I'm riding and change to hoods with bent elbows to be more aerodynamic (or the drops) will the powerpod show power number that is higher than it should be ?
Attachments
iBike_05_09_2018_1537_4_km_CalRide.ibr
(42.57 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
joningi

Re: Calibration and few other questions

Post by joningi »

for some reason the ride file was not uploaded with the original post so here it is
Attachments
iBike_05_10_2018_0922_73_km.ibr
(407.02 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
joningi

Post by joningi »

?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

You are a very strong rider! Your ride file is fine and I don't see anything suspicious in it.

If you bend down on the hoods when racing you will be a bit more aerodynamic. On the flats, this is about a 2% improvement, so your watts will be about 2% high in those sections. On hills it does not make much difference.
John Hamann
joningi

Post by joningi »

Thanks for the feadback :)