Download File Names Incorrect

DrivenUnder

Download File Names Incorrect

Post by DrivenUnder »

I've not been downloading ride data over the winter as I was not in training mode. This spring I got back into the saddle, and did a number of training baseline rides. I downloaded the ride data for review so I could set goals for this year, and could not make heads or tails of the ride files.

Issue 1: The file date is incorrect. It almost seems as though the PowerPod reset itself at some point. For example, it says my ride yesterday was January 17, 2017.

Issue 2: The distance is incorrect. Even if the date is wrong, I could match up the distance with my Strava rides, right? Wrong. The distance often shows as 0 and my ride yesterday was 30.85 miles. The filename says 32 miles. No too far off, but the data does not support that number.

Issue 3: Cannot correct the date via Isaac. I think I can go into the IBR file itself and correct the date, but dang, what a pain.

Anyone else seeing this?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Download File Names Incorrect

Post by Velocomp »

If you did a "hard reset" of your unit, the internal clock is reset. Reconnect your device to Isaac and the date will be automatically reset.

If you had "0" for your ride file distance, likely this is related to issue 1 above.

Please post a .ibr ride file that illustrates your distance mismatch problem
John Hamann
DrivenUnder

Post by DrivenUnder »

I did not do a hard reset, but it kind of seems that way. The odd part is the profile is still loaded on the device, but time settings and distance estimates were not working. I'd assume that a ride without a profile would be very problematic, but I'm also assuming the hard reset would take out the profile also.

As requested, here's a file with the 0 distance filename, and another with a number that is just plain wrong. Dates are not proper, as mentioned.
iBike_01_10_2017_0035_0_Miles.ibr
(340.33 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
It's difficult, but not impossible to match these files against Strava rides. I'd prefer to be able to trust the PowerPod to create the filenames with more representative data.

FYI, the last few club rides have garnered the PowerPod a LOT of interest here in DC. I have not indicated to the group the issue with the file naming, just because this does seem like a one-off, but I did mention the rather dramatic overestimation\underestimation of wattage based on headwinds\tailwinds. I've tried recalibrating, but once it settles in, it just does the same thing.
DrivenUnder

Post by DrivenUnder »

Hrm, I attached three files, but only one showed up, and it was in the wrong spot. :?