What data is the powerpod recording and can I access it outside the Isaac software?

BtheB

What data is the powerpod recording and can I access it outside the Isaac software?

Post by BtheB »

I seem to remember reading in this forum that the PP is collecting data at 800 Hz or something like that. Also, that the whole system is based on calculation made from information gathered from an accelerometer. I'm wondering if that data can be accessed outside the isaac software to be used for some visualization software to be incorporated in a video. Specifically I"m curious about G-forces up and down and associated with braking, etc. I can use garmin data to generate some graphic and I'd like to experiment with my power pod in a similar way.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: What data is the powerpod recording and can I access it outside the Isaac software?

Post by Velocomp »

1) Load the ride file from which you want to get data

2) Go to File/Export Ride Data... You will be able to get a csv file of your data
John Hamann
BtheB

Re: What data is the powerpod recording and can I access it outside the Isaac software?

Post by BtheB »

BtheB wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:42 pm I seem to remember reading in this forum that the PP is collecting data at 800 Hz or something like that. Also, that the whole system is based on calculation made from information gathered from an accelerometer. I'm wondering if that data can be accessed outside the isaac software to be used for some visualization software to be incorporated in a video. Specifically I"m curious about G-forces up and down and associated with braking, etc. I can use garmin data to generate some graphic and I'd like to experiment with my power pod in a similar way.
Thanks, I'll check it out. Do you happen to know if it contains the accelerometer data for G-forces?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

No, accelerometer G-force data is proprietary and not exported.
John Hamann
BtheB

Post by BtheB »

Velocomp wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:16 am No, accelerometer G-force data is proprietary and not exported.
Too bad. I'll have to find another solution.