Suggestion for new feature

ipic

Suggestion for new feature

Post by ipic »

If you are interested in suggestions for PowerPod functionality, I would like to suggest that the head unit (e.g. Garmin) setting to calibrate a power meter is recognized by the PowerPod firmware, and triggers the setting of the PP into Out and Back calibration mode.

To allow for an accidental prod, the PP could flash a light colour, or colour sequence (red-green maybe) for, say, 10 seconds, during which time the PP button must be pressed to initiate the O&B calibration process (i.e. the same state as if a new profile had been downloaded with "Best Accuracy").
If there is no button press in the allotted time the request is ignored and PP carries on as before.

The reason this would be useful to me is because I have to ride about 10 miles to find a suitable piece of road on which I can maintain >10mph for 5 minutes. If I then screw up the sequence for some reason (OK, I'm old!), it is a 10 mile trip back home to plug in the PP and start again.

Others might find it useful to do a re-clalibration when they find an ideal stretch of road. Being able to trigger a calibration run at any time seems like a very useful feature to me.

The PP is a fantastic piece of kit - many thanks for making it and providing the excellent service evident in this forum.
Regards
FireDoug

Re: Suggestion for new feature

Post by FireDoug »

My feature sugestion is any means to check your battery status..... Blinking light sequence, BLE connection to smartphone, sensor settings battery status in Garmin. Anything would be apprciated.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

You will see a firmware update soon with battery indication on Garmin units...
John Hamann
FireDoug

Post by FireDoug »

:D Thank You Mr. Hamann
rkiaer

Post by rkiaer »

I would like to suggest, change the profile using the mobile phone and turn on or turn off the trainer mode.

Best Regards
FedeSp

Post by FedeSp »

as I think the powerpod is a very good quality unit price, you could refine the assembly system a bit ... since the PP must be put in a certain inclination, why not put in Isaac a system that in real time tell me the correct position? once the point is centered, it tightens and the game is done. thank you John for everything you do and also the news of the battery charge on the garmin.