Setting up for two bikes when the 2nd is a recumbent HELP!!

grouter

Setting up for two bikes when the 2nd is a recumbent HELP!!

Post by grouter »

Hi I've been trying to set the PP up for two bikes and not had much success.

I'd been using it fine with my road bike but when I wanted to add my recumbent things went a little south.

I did the road bike using the usual initial set-up Device. For my recumbent the first time I repeated this in profile 2 but mistakenly put the wheel size in wrong and did the cal ride so I was putting out epic power :D So I repeated the procedure except this time I changed the wheel size ( 20x1.75 is the closest choice, it would be be good to allow custom circumference at this point hint hint) as it has a 406-35 on the front and did the initial config (both times ) as a TT bike as a low racer has a low cda of about .185 so that was the closest pick. After the ride a changed the CDA,fixed the wheel size and cadence sensor position and accepted and sent to the PP. The problem is the PP was constantly choosing the wrong profile even though they have different sensors so if I use the road bike it picks the small wheel and vice versa so the speed is wrong and therefore the power. Also the method I used to set up the second bike is different from the the youtube video so I was wondering if I'd done something wrong there. I know the sensors where not interfering with each on the two bikes as the rides were on different days

I was thinking that at some point I'd made a mistake when altering the profiles etc and maybe pushed it wrong slot so I tried changing the active profiles in the edit profiles menu and re-pushing the profiles to the correct two slots, I then tested by letting both bikes go to sleep put it on the road bike and then check in Isaac by Extracting profile from device, it came up with the correct profile. Let it all go to sleep again , bind it to my recumbent, check in Isaac again all good too.A couple of days later I went for a ride on my road bike and the speed was wrong as it had under read my wheel size again so I reset and started again.

I redid my road bike and it's now fine and now I want to redo the recumbent. The question is what is the best method for this? I still have the profile I created before so I could do one of the following:

1 use the device/set active profile on device, pair and go for the out/back calibration ride as per the video but I think the profile would be completely wrong as it's nothing like a road bike. Much heaver 30lb+ but way more aero
2 Do what I did the first time and use set-up device and program in the details as close as I can using the TT setting in profile slot 3 then adjust after the ride for wheel size ( there's no 406-35 in the list and you can't input a measured wheel size in the initial set up ). also the cdA is about .185 for my seat angle. Also I'd need to set a custom angle of 222deg for powerhouse. This seems like the most sensible way to do it and it has been advised by velocomp in another post, plus this is what I tried to do the first time
3 go into the edit profiles open up the recumbent profile I have and send slot three. I may wipe the sensors to make sure there's nothing weird in there.

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm hoping method two is valid as that's what I think will give me the best chance of success.