Powerpod 0 power readings on garmin 520

tatesanti

Powerpod 0 power readings on garmin 520

Post by tatesanti »

Hi. I`ve been experiencing inttermitent drop outs on power readings in my garmin edge 520. I bought a new garmin speed sensor and the problema persist.

When i`m on a ride, sometimes suddenly power goes to 0 (and I checked that the speed sensor was working) for some minutes and then comes back with high readings until it stabilizes again. Also when I compare the ride file in Isaac with the strava/trainningpeaks or garmin file summery, it turns that the Isaac one is always shorter in time and distance, given that the powerpod is not recording during this power drops to 0. (real ride 67,1km 2:28:50 vs Isaac ride 56,58km 2:18:40)

I also observe that powerpod records several laps during my ride, even though I hadn`t stopped
Attachments
problem1.jpg
problem1.jpg (135.1 KiB) Viewed 2589 times
problem2.3.jpg
problem2.3.jpg (186.79 KiB) Viewed 2589 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Powerpod 0 power readings on garmin 520

Post by Velocomp »

Please post your .ibr ride file for this ride
John Hamann
tatesanti

Post by tatesanti »

Hi. I solved it. The problem was that I was running my powerpod with too low battery. Now I fully charge it before every ride. Suggestion: make the battery level (and also bike settings) readable in the garmin edge unit. Thank you
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

tatesanti wrote:Hi. I solved it. The problem was that I was running my powerpod with too low battery. Now I fully charge it before every ride. Suggestion: make the battery level (and also bike settings) readable in the garmin edge unit. Thank you
Glad to hear you figured out things. We will look at transmitting battery level to Garmin.
John Hamann