Wahoo Elemnt Bolt and sensor bundle and Powerpod?

Punches_Dragons

Wahoo Elemnt Bolt and sensor bundle and Powerpod?

Post by Punches_Dragons »

I have a Wahoo Elemnt Bolt and the Wahoo Speed, Cadence, and TickR HR monitor that came in the Bundle and I am looking at potentially adding a Powerpod next month. Could you help me with the following questions:
1. Powerpod needs a speed sensor, does it share the same sensor with the Elemnt Bolt i.e. the speed sensor gets paired to both the Elemnt bolt and the Powerpod or does it need its own sensor or is there any tangible benefit to it having its own sensor?
2. If it needs a second speed sensor then can you recommend a good sensor to mount on the rear seat stay? (I want to rear mount as I use an old fashioned turbo trainer)
3. Are there any specific issues/limitations with this combination that I should be aware before purchase?
4. Does Powerpod need the Cadence sensor paired to it as well?
5. Does anyone use this combination? (I guess it must be quite common as Elemnt Bolts are popular)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Wahoo Elemnt Bolt and sensor bundle and Powerpod?

Post by Velocomp »

1. PP will pair simultaneously to your sensors and to the bolt.
2. Mount your Wahoo speed sensor on your front hub
3. Nope
4. I would pair PP to all of your Wahoo sensors. More data is better!
5. I don't have a Bolt, but because it is a standard ANT+ bike computer, you will do fine
John Hamann
Punches_Dragons

Post by Punches_Dragons »

Thanks, that pretty much answers everything.

I would want to use the PP on my Turbo Trainer, I guess I would need to switch the speed sensor back to my rear hub when I train on the turbo?

(I understand that I'd have to use software to tell PP what trainer I have so it can use a preset speed/power graph to calculate the power from the speed of the rear wheel)
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Yes, that is correct.
John Hamann