First use PowerPod on Trainer (Tacx)

PaulK32

First use PowerPod on Trainer (Tacx)

Post by PaulK32 »

John,

PowerPod is back from repair. Thanks for the excellent service.
I never used the PP on a trainer. But today I placed my old Stevens Strada on a Tack Satori, set PP on Trainer On with Tacx Satori 4/10 and did a first ride.
It worked fine, I was surpised about the values. The "Watts" came easier as expected.

I did a view in Isaac and saw a few things that are different (for me) as I have just experiences with outdoor rides.

The elevation ... (marginal)
The slope ... (looks like downhill ride)
The wind ... (Effort speed give 4,4)

Can you do a short analyse of the ride ? The weather here will force me to do some more rides indoor :-)

Is there something special what I have to do for the Profile ? I did copy this from my roadbike; I use the same speed-/cadence-/heartrate-senso on these bikes.

Thanks Paul
Attachments
PP_2018_02_02_1230_43_km.ibr
Infoor ride. Large slope.
(148.38 KiB) Downloaded 255 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: First use PowerPod on Trainer (Tacx)

Post by Velocomp »

When riding indoors, in indoor trainer mode, the outdoor settings are not used. Wind speed, slope, effort speed, etc are not meaningful.

Check to make sure you're using the curve you think. It looks to me like this is not the case; for example, at 20 mph, the 4/10 curve for Tacx would be 132W. On your ride file it is 250W. This looks like it might be the Tacx Sirius 4/10, not Tacx Satori 4/10.
John Hamann
PaulK32

Post by PaulK32 »

Thank you John.

I dis use the Tacx Satori 4/10; This gives the powercurve from powercurvesensor.com. Very different from the value of Tacx Satori 4, which gives values from the manufacturer.

Shoukd I go away from the Tacx Satori 4/10 and 8/10 ?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Use the Level 4, manufacturer. I think that will work better.

I think the powercurvesensor.com profile is wrong.
John Hamann
stevek5656

Post by stevek5656 »

Hi. I have a similar problem on a tacx Sirius the power curves seem overly conservative and you refer below to using the manufacturer rather than powercurvessensor. However I can't see the manufacturer curve on you menu. How do I find it Please? Thanks.
Steve
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

I'm not sure what you mean. What setting are you using? For the setting you have selected, is your effort harder, or easier, than the watts indicate?
John Hamann