Stop Transmiting

skyracer

Stop Transmiting

Post by skyracer »

I have a particular situation. Both the power and the cadence stop being transmitted to my gps unit for a random period. I have not been able to determine the circumstances under which the Powerpod suddenly stops transmitting. I did the hard reset of 10 seconds, but the problem persists.
To prove that the cadence sensor works ok, I set my GPS unit to receive the data directly from the Wahoo cadence sensor via ANT. In the course of today, I always had a signal of the cadence, but there were three episodes of power 0. However, the PowerPod stores the data as it can be seen in the attached file.

Also, on two occasions when the PowerPod restarted the transmission without any intervention, the power values were enormous with respect to my thresholds. Upon observing this I find that, for some reason, the slope shown exceeds the actual slope by more than fifteen degrees. This can take between two and three minutes before returning to normal.

Now, writing this, I find that the reported speed is also ZERO. Before, I had my GPS unit without reading the signal from the Wahoo speed sensor, so it was taken via GPS. Today I configured it to show the data emitted by the Wahoo sensor and ohh surprise, it is the sensor that stops transmitting. I understand that the PowerPod depends on the speed sensor to work, however, it stores speed and power data during mute time, why?

I attach the original powerpod file and the activity file of my Lezyne Enhanced Super GPS unit, running by ANT+
Attachments
iBike_01_28_2018_0617_47_km.ibr
Original file from PP
(641.94 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
20180128-Pozo Negro - Medio Cristales.rar
Activity FIT from Lezine Enhanced GPS via ANT+
(212.51 KiB) Downloaded 248 times