Set up for second bike

grahamtballard

Set up for second bike

Post by grahamtballard »

Hi Can you help please, I want to set up my PP to use on a second bike. I presume that I need to first pair it with with another cadence sensor and speed sensor and as it is already paired with my Garmin 800 I should not have to pair it with that again. My main area of concern though is setting up the devise with the isaac software without disrupting my existing settings. Is this a fairly straightforward process? Thank you.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Set up for second bike

Post by Velocomp »

To set up a second bike do the following:

1) Attach PP to Isaac

2) Go to Device/Setup device

3) Your radio button will be set to profile 1. Select another profile (say, profile 2) and name that profile for your second bike

4) Continue to follow the wizard. I recommend you select "Best Accuracy" on the final window

5) Next, pair your PP to the sensors on your second bike. MAKE SURE YOU ARE FAR AWAY FROM THE SENSORS ON YOUR FIRST BIKE, so that you don't accidentally pair your PP to the sensors on your first bike

6) Assuming your sensor IDs are different, you will have to create a new profile on your Garmin.

7) Do a calibration ride

You will now have two separate profiles, one for each bike. When you move PP from bike to bike it will automatically select the correct profile. However, you will have to manually reset your Garmin to the correct profile.
John Hamann