Polar V650 not picking up speed data from the PowerPod

nicholp1

Polar V650 not picking up speed data from the PowerPod

Post by nicholp1 »

John

My second question of the day. I know you have a Polar V650 that you test with. This isn't really you problem but I'd like to know if you have different results to me.

On some of my bikes I have duel sensors and the polar picks up the BTLE side. On one bike I have just ANT sensors and use the PowerPod to bridge.

My question is have you managed to get the PowerPod to send Speed data to the Polar. Cadence works perfectly ( in fact less drops than native BTLE). I have never managed to get the speed data on the Polar. It always defaults to the GPS data. I've turned off GPS on the Polar but still get nothing.

In itself this is not much of a problem but I like to use VAM and the VAM data on the Polar need real speed data.

I'm interested to check if you have the same issue on you polar next time you use it.?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Polar V650 not picking up speed data from the PowerPod

Post by Velocomp »

Actually, we returned the 650 after we confirmed it worked with PP.

We did confirm that BLE speed was sent from PP to 650. Make sure your PP is correctly paired to the speed sensor.
John Hamann
nicholp1

Re: Polar V650 not picking up speed data from the PowerPod

Post by nicholp1 »

Strange, I can definitely confirm the the PowerPod is connected to the speed sensor. Power readings are exactly as expected and further more going through long tunnel I loose speed on the Polar head unit but power is still fine. This shows that the PP is working as it should be.

I guess it will remain a mystery. My experience with polar support anything below the surface is not great.. It is however interesting that you confirm you got speed relayed from the PowerPod..

Just for reference I have found that after a stop of five mins the Polar won't connect. These days I habitually un-pair and re-pair the PowerPod before each ride..