Wrong power readings on flat or low negative slope.

skyracer

Wrong power readings on flat or low negative slope.

Post by skyracer »

Hello and greetings from Bucaramanga, Colombia. I bought my PowerPod through amazon.com and since I've been enjoying my new toy for a month, it's wonderful to be able to count on the information it provides.
My bike is MTB, most of the time I use it on asphalt of excellent quality (a few times on uncovered ground with enough gravel).
In general terms, I observe that your measurements are according to my sensations, except for sections of route in flat terrain with a small downward trend, which allows me high developments that according to the PowerPod are above 200W, however, I know my body and my legs and I know that I am not developing that power, I should not be even for the 150W in those soft sectors.
Attached a file (12-10-2017)where you can see from 5 km to 7 km this behavior (calm wind).
Last night I partially performed the same segment, with completely calm wind, and reached 300W without effort !!!. that's very weird (look at the first 1.8 km -12-13-2017-).

Otherwise, the measurements seem fair.

My team:
Venzo Vero 650 27.5 x 1.95
Lezyne Enhanced Super GPS (ANT + Mode)
Wahoo cadence sensor
Wahoo speed sensor
Garmin HR (connected to GPS)
Attachments
iBike_12_13_2017_1946_25_km.ibr
(444.28 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
iBike_12_10_2017_0625_27_km.ibr
(596.54 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Wrong power readings on flat or low negative slope.

Post by Velocomp »

For best results over short distances, you should lock-up your front fork.

I don't see high watts spikes from km 5 to 7 on your 12/10 ride. Much of the time your cadence is zero...That said, when you first start pedaling from zero cadence, there can be short-lived watts bumps.

During the first few minutes of a new ride, PP is readjusting itself. This is what is happening on your 12/13 ride.
John Hamann