new Ironman course - PP weird numbers for 180k

kdx200

new Ironman course - PP weird numbers for 180k

Post by kdx200 »

Hi,
last weekend i did the new ironman in argentina.
It was a cold and very windy day.
the day before i tested the pp and was OK. i did a short testing in hard conditions (potholes, etc) and was really ok, i was happy with the numbers in a "new" city for me.

The race day from the start line the PP was crazy. The numbers were TOO LOW (below 100w going above 35kmh ) and started to show correct number for a little seconds and then went back to 0w...i checked that the pp was very firmly in its position, and adjusted very firmly.... again and again the numbers raised and went to 0w.... i waited "a little" (for 50km or so) and touched the button....suddenly the numbers went to life and great for a while!!!... then again.... the numbers went weird and went to 0w. went to 150w...and 0w again. very very frustrating (i thought again that the pp was moving and re checked... it was VERY FIRMLY)...then again... the numbers went ok ...and finally the power showed 0w...15w...20w...5w...125w... very very frustating. the wind (hard) was hitting my face, i was pedaling with great effort and numbers were for example 40w!!!!

please, can you check the file? what happened with the pp?

thank you very much!!
Attachments
iBike_12_03_2017_0805_181_km_HiDef.ibr
(2.77 MiB) Downloaded 192 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: new Ironman course - PP weird numbers for 180k

Post by Velocomp »

There are two problems:

1) It looks like your wind sensor was obstructed for the first 55 KM. At the top of the climb something changed and unblocked your wind port.

2) Your PP shifted rotation at the 37KM mark. After 8 minutes PP auto-corrected itself.

Towards the end of your ride the power numbers dropped again, but it looks like you were getting tired (I would be tired, too!).
John Hamann
kdx200

Post by kdx200 »

ok.. at the end the front wind was SO strong and the power was below 50w... i was doing a great effort and my perception was about 150w at least (i rode the pp for a year and i know me)... is it possible ?? 50w is "nothing"...
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

hmm...

Your heart rate declines significantly for the last 20KM of your ride. This is an indicator that your power was declining.

Were you riding in wet weather? This is the only thing I can think of that would cause erratic wind sensor readings.
John Hamann
kdx200

Post by kdx200 »

yes.... at the beggining was almost rainy and also for the last 30k
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Sorry to say, but your wind port became clogged. You can try repairing the end of the file with the Tools/Repair/Repair file for Blocked Wind Sensor command
John Hamann