Two profiles in Isaac for PP

munkster

Two profiles in Isaac for PP

Post by munkster »

OK - I know that Isaac is quite esoteric but at times it has me stumped. Can someone perhaps provide me with some easy steps on how to fix the following, assuming I'm not already misunderstanding it.

So, I got the PP back from being fixed and essentially needed to put my profiles back on the thing, let's called one profile "Bike 1" and the other "Bike 2". In my head I wanted to click on "Set Active Profile in Device" and see 1: Bike 1 and 2: Bike 2 but no matter how much I try in Edit Profiles I only seem to be able to get 1: Bike 1 and 2: Bike 1 and if not that they are both Bike 2 and only then when the Profile in question is at the top of the "Profiles (Drag to Move)" list in Edit Profiles. What is that list for??

I only have one speed sensor and thought I could just switch the profile from 1 to 2 depending on which bike I put the PP onto, was sure that was what I was doing before, but maybe not.

Is there a sticky topic on this anywhere? Thanks anyone.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Two profiles for PP

Post by Velocomp »

Here is what to do:

1) Use Isaac Edit/Edit Profiles to set your PP to profile 1 (if you have a recent-vintage PPBLE you can use the Powerhouse app to do this!)

2) Pair bike 1 sensors, then do Device Setup and calibration as needed

3) Connect PP to Isaac, go to Edit/Edit Profiles, and click the "Extract from Device" button. Your profile 1 for bike 1 will appear in the window.

4) In the Edit Profiles window, use the "Set Active Profile in Device" to profile 2. You will get a confirming message

5) Now, pair your PP to your bike 1 speed sensor. Do fine tuning with Device Setup, and calibrations and adjustments as needed.

6) Connect PP to Isaac, go to Edit/Edit Profiles, and click the "Extract from Device" button. Your profile 2 for bike 2 will appear in the window.

If you don't do any adjustment of your two profiles (different bike weights etc) then note that profile 1 and 2 will be functionally identical.
John Hamann