Multiple bikes, single sensor

hoosier1981

Multiple bikes, single sensor

Post by hoosier1981 »

Is it possible to use the Powerpod with multiple bikes, using one set of Wahoo speed and Wahoo Cadence magnetless sensors?
Assuming it's hooked to a PC to load the profile for the correct bike, with only one profile on the device at a time? (As to not confuse the PP by having multiple bike profiles with the same sensor).

Also, are there any plans on the mobile app to allow for switching stored profiles that are preconfigured, such as on the PC?
Thanks
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Multiple bikes, single sensor

Post by Velocomp »

1) We do not find the Wahoo sensors to be the best quality. Wahoo data is "spiky" compared to Garmin

2) Yes, you can use the same sensors with multiple bikes. You will need to use Isaac to set up profiles for each bike and you'll need to do a sensor pairing for each profile

3) Check to see if you have a PowerPod BLE with a serial number of the form "xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx 93 xx AB xx xx xx" ("xx" are numbers that are not important; the "93" number IS important)

4) If "93" is in your serial number, then you can use the free PowerHouse Bike app (iOS or Android) to manually switch profiles, without connecting to Isaac
John Hamann
hoosier1981

Post by hoosier1981 »

**EDIT**
Removed original post as I was inquiring on how much the wahoo drops out. After reading all the other posts I think Garmin sensors would be the way to go and if necessary, use an ANT+ USB stick to connect them to Laptops / Androids.
hoosier1981

Post by hoosier1981 »

Hi John,
Regarding the Wahoo sensors -
I'm running Garmin speed sensors, as you mention those will provide more accurate readings.

1. Does it matter if I use a Wahoo vs Garmin cadence sensor for RPM? I prefer the wahoo as it can mount to a shoe strap (thus I don't have to pair 4 of them) - It can stay right-side-up where-as the Garmin has to go on the crank as it requires a complete spinning rotation.
I wasn't sure if the cadence sensor is also spikey, or if it affects the power readings in the same manner as speed.

2. I assume using the same cadence sensor is fine for multiple bikes as they will choose the profile based on only the speed sensor ID?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

1. Wahoo cadence is fine

2. Correct.
John Hamann