P’Pod WILL NOT START OUT & BACK Calibration mode

Fenix

P’Pod WILL NOT START OUT & BACK Calibration mode

Post by Fenix »

I have received a new PowerPod BLE device. Despite successful paring with all my Garmin Cadence, Speed and Edge 1000 the device will no commence the out and back calibration mode so I can achieve best accuracy. I have successfully set up the device wit Isaac Software and went for my first ride using the factory defaults and it displayed power readings. But despite repeated attempts to set the device up with Isaac to enter the Out & Back calibration Have proved unsuccessful. I awaken the device it successfully pairs but fails commence the indicator light flash sequence to indicate it is entering the out and back calibration mode. Currently I’m awaiting a reply from Velocomp tech Team to see if the can assist but I’m sure they a busy and I anticipate a delay before the can assist.
I hope I might receive some help from someone on this forum. My device is brand new so really doubt it is faulty.
Possibly someone else has had the sale problem on first use. I hate to think I might have to send my
PowerPod back, all the way from Australia.
optiplus

Re: P’Pod WILL NOT START OUT & BACK Calibration mode

Post by optiplus »

Hi,

I follow this steps and everything work for me,
http://www.ibikesports.com/wp-content/u ... 013016.pdf

Regards
alainlai

Post by alainlai »

Hi, I have similar issues with O&B calibration and internal firmware. Contacted techsupport very helpful followed steps provided by them. Unfortunately, my powerpod confirmed software issue has to be returned to the factory. Tech support fixed my unit quite fast but expect more than 2 weeks shipping return from US.
Fenix

Post by Fenix »

FENIX UPDATE TO ORIGINAL POST.
Many thanks to those who commented, regarding my calibration issue. I have good news. I browsed the entire forum looking for solutions. In the end, I discovered what was causing the problem and once corrected I carried out a very successful, Out and Back Calibration and I am now using the PowerPod with no problem. It is living up to all my expectations. The ride data it provides for analysis is amazing.
The reason my PowerPod would not go into the Out & Back Calibration mode was the fact that is was not correctly reading my Garmin Speed Sensor ID # Somehow it found a different sensor ID which, of course was not availiable. I found, It is absolutely critical to the proper operation of the PowerPod that it be paired/recognised to the ID # of the Speed Sensor. Once this was acompolished it operated with no problems. I found the best was to update the Out & Back Calibration Profile was to retrieve the Garmin Speed Sensor ID# from the PowerPod whilst it attached PowerPod via the Isaac App. This step also loaded the Sensor informtion of both my Cadence and Heart Rate monitors.
I hope this helps others that might be experiencing this problem. Good Luck and Happy & Safe riding to all.