Manual / Auto re-calibration

hoosier1981

Manual / Auto re-calibration

Post by hoosier1981 »

I have set up the sensors for 6 bikes and got them put into Isaac. (did not calibrate after creating each sensor profile) - as this would require taking a PC with me to somewhere flat.
I loaded my road bike profile up, and headed out to a flat straight away. I turned the Powerpod on and it went into calibration mode. It did not initiate an out and back, but what seemed like a 5 minute ride. The numbers seems close, but...

1. Is there any way to 'Force' an out and back to get more accurate calibration? Or would I need to go back to Isaac and create a new profile, manually punch in the same sensor ID numbers and set it to 'Best' calibration, head out and repeat?

2. I took the PP off, charged it and did a 2nd ride the next day. Noticed the first 5 minutes threw very high numbers and immediately calmed down to normal watts. I put the PP on the same mount, pushed it all the way forward and tightened, so I'd assume it was 'un-moved'. Is this going to be the normal behavior for the first 5-10 minutes of each ride due to auto calibration?

3. If the answer above is yes, would this mean that for mountain bike use, I would have to ride on pavement for X number minutes before hitting the trails for every ride? -As calibration on rocks / roots would likely not be ideal?

Thanks for any info.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Manual / Auto re-calibration

Post by Velocomp »

Unless you use Isaac to initiate Best Accuracy calibration, the normal calibration mode will be 5 minutes.

If you have a lot of bikes here is how to set four of them up (you will need to use Isaac for best results).

1) Your "default" profile is profile 1.

2) Do a sensor pairing

3) Use Isaac Device/Device Setup" to make adjustments to weight etc.

4) Select "Best Accuracy" to perform O&B ride

5) Do O&B ride

6) Go to Isaac and download the ride. Your Profile 1 information will be stored in Isaac

7) Use Isaac "Edit/Edit Profiles/Set Active Profile in Device/Profile 2" to set your PP to profile 2

8) Repeat steps 2-6 for profile 2, then do step 7) with Profile 3, etc.

This will place (and memorize) 4 calibrated profiles in your PP. If you have two more bikes, then you can re-select profile 1, perform steps 2-6. This will save the bike 5 profile in Isaac (make sure you name all your profiles so you know what you have!). Then, do the same thing for bike 6

After you have all 6 profiles, you can put any 4 of them into your PP. Go to Edit profiles, select the profile number where you want to store the calibrated profile, click on the profile you want to save, then click "Send to Device"
John Hamann
hoosier1981

Post by hoosier1981 »

Thanks! I'll give that a try when I have time and might use the short calibration for now.

Regarding the beginning of each ride, would it be recommended to ride the mountain bike on flat ground or pavement if possible for the first 5 minutes of each ride? Or would there be any downsides to just starting right on a trail after it's been calibrated one time?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

As long as you ride with the front fork locked-up, it doesn't make any difference.
John Hamann