How to measure crr / use trainer / sync multiple sensors

hoosier1981

How to measure crr / use trainer / sync multiple sensors

Post by hoosier1981 »

Hi - I'm a new user and have a few questions I wasn't able to figure out on my own.
Sorry for all the questions below but I didn't want to spam the board with multiple posts...any input would be appreciated!

I've read the instructions on using an indoor trainer. However I'm not clear exactly how it works. Do I choose Trainer mode in the Isaac software, send settings to device and then it just puts whatever 'Active' profile is set into trainer mode? Or does it put all profiles into trainer mode until I plug back into my PC and leave trainer mode then sync again?

Does trainer mode (or outdoor mode) take into consideration your cadence when doing the math for power output? For instance, doing 15mph and running a high cadence, vs mashing in a super high gear...
(If not, is there any need to Sync the cadence or heart sensor, aside from having the data in Isaac?)

Regarding crr -
How are most people going about pulling this number for mountain bikes? If you don't have a strain gauge to start with, are you calibrating, then doing a super hard ride and adjust the crr so your peak matches where you peak on the road bike?

Should I be using this on a Suspended mountain bike, or would I be better off only using it when locked out?

Regarding the profile settings in Isaac, I see you can manually enter speed / cadence sensor info. I took down the ANT ID number for all seven of my bikes. I'm not quite sure if it's as simple as entering them into new profiles in the software, as opposed to manually syncing to the device... I manually synced one, but then took it to my PC and the ID numbers don't match what my Garmin shows me for the Ant sensors. And Isaac also shows a device type field which I don't see any info on what would go in there.

Finally, on the Android app, will it be possible to import and store the profiles from your PC, or does it not allow for editing crr, etc...
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: How to measure crr / use trainer / sync multiple sensors

Post by Velocomp »

1) Indoor trainer: correct. Only the profile selected is put into indoor trainer mode; this profile will remain in trainer mode until you change it in Isaac

2) No, cadence is not considered. Power is related strictly to wheel speed.

3) Mountain bikes have fatter tires and lower tire pressure, and ride on rougher roads. We find that a Crr of .008 covers this quite nicely.

4) You can use PP on your MTB. Readings will be more stable when your front fork is locked out

5) You should use the Scan feature to get sensor IDs into your profile.

6) If you use Isaac to create profiles, then the app will "automatically" read them whenever you use it.
John Hamann