Maximum number bike profiles & tire type

hoosier1981

Maximum number bike profiles & tire type

Post by hoosier1981 »

Hi - I'm thinking about ordering a PowerPod. I have just two questions while I'm weighing my options.

1. Maximum number of bikes & switching them...
I have 6 bikes (7 total wheelsets) - each with their own Garmin magnetless speedometer / cadence sensors.
Is four still the maximum number of bikes that can be stored in the pod?
If so, is it possible to store all 7 profiles on a PC to quickly switch them around? Or would one need to go through the entire re-configuration for a few of the bikes within one of the slots? (Or would ALL profiles have to be totally re-done to get one of the spare bikes put in for a ride?)
Would you still need to ride ~8 minutes to calibrate the pre-existing profiles when changing bikes, or do the profiles get rid of the need for this?

2. Tire types...
I will be running everything from a 28cc smooth road tire to a 4.8" fat tire with 7mm lugs. For these extremes how does one take into account the difference in rolling resistance for each tire? Is there a general preset chart that would go into the bike profile?

Thanks!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Maximum number bike profiles & tire type

Post by Velocomp »

1. 4 is max that can be stored in PP internal memory. However, you can store as many profiles as you like in Isaac software, then put 4 of them on to your PP. Once you do calibrations for each bike, Isaac will remember the calibration numbers. You might have to ride 8 minutes to dial in PP, but the other factors will be correct.

2. You will use "Device/Device Setup..." to set the tire type and road surface for each bike.
John Hamann