PowerPod completely dead

ironclive

PowerPod completely dead

Post by ironclive »

HI everybody

Last week when riding I noticed my power numbers went blank. I thought I was just dumb and let the battery drain away.

Today I plugged it in to recharge for 3+ hours, and no red light on when I plug it in. And pressing the big button for 5 seconds does nothing. The unit seems completely dead.

What are the next steps here? Should I hard reboot it? And if so how?

TIA for any response.

CLive
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: PowerPod completely dead

Post by Velocomp »

Please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps.
John Hamann
CanuckRider

Post by CanuckRider »

@ironclive:
Did you resolve the problem? I am hoping for some kind of magical hint!

I just had the same thing happen to my PowerPod last night after a ride. It worked fine during the ride but I hung up my bike and plugged in the USB charger to the unit while still on the bike and there was no charge light. Tried various cables and phone chargers without luck. Now today it is completely dead. Tech support wants me to return the unit to them for repair. I have only received the Powerpod 5 days ago and have a total of 10 rides on it. Very frustrating.
optiplus

Post by optiplus »

My first drive had the same problem, and from what I've analyzed it's a common problem for many users
BBQcyclist

Post by BBQcyclist »

Imho one has to be very careful to insert the usb wire the right way and gently into the PP's usb port, and not to cause any tension or torque while the wire is in the port, otherwise one risks damaging the port - hence no more charging...
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

BBQcyclist wrote:Imho one has to be very careful to insert the usb wire the right way and gently into the PP's usb port, and not to cause any tension or torque while the wire is in the port, otherwise one risks damaging the port - hence no more charging...
I've been using the same PP for nearly 3 years now. I have not experienced this issue; however, I agree that not yanking/torquing the USB connector helps a lot.
John Hamann