Help - Powerpod looping issue

alainlai

Help - Powerpod looping issue

Post by alainlai »

Dear John and Techsupport,

I got my powerpod BLE more than 2 weeks ago. Downloaded all the manuals and watched velopcomp youtube.

My setup - Powerpod BLE firmware 6.22, Isaac 4.1.1, Windows 10, Bryton 530 GS headunit, combo speed/cadence sensors, HRM,am tech savvy.

1. Setup device and created profile for Best accuracy O&B calibration. Fully charged and aligned using water level ruler using front mount.
2. First attempt follow through the O&B calibration ride 0-50 stop u turned 50-100 done then red/green flashed, stopped press button yellow flashed ride again stuck at 50 then continue to loop (red/green<>yellow<>stuck 50<>red/green. Setup failed. Downloaded files but no cal-ride file.
3. Second attempt reset to factory default setup device using the Better accuracy option. Ride 0-100 everything seems fine BUT on flats (zero gradient) reading always at 0. Downloaded file with 54km ride but no cal-ride file.
4. Reported to tech support about the looping issue using O&B calibration. Submitted all my downloaded files
5. Tech support emailed to load 2 files patches. Installed successfully and checked with the latest 6.23 fixes supposedly fix my issue.
6. Redo factory default device profile setup for Best accuracy. Checked powerpod front mount alignment.
7. Third attempt O&B calibration 0-50 then 50-100 done. The looping issue still occuring. Downloaded files still no cal-ride file. Submitted all files to tech support.
8. Read through the forum about similar looping issues. Checked triple checks my pairing, sensors, powerpod alignment.
9. Redo factory default device profile setup for O&B calibration. Failed again with looping. Downloaded files no cal-ride file.
10. Trying to contact tech support since Sunday and submitted all my ride files no feedback yet.
11. Now I have a unit with 6.23 firmware but cannot fully function as described still waiting for tech support.
12. Gave up because it just takes too much time to setup ride out and back; ended up with the same issue.
13. Pending tech support, I have not tried to setup my device to Better accuracy and test ride 0-100 option yet. I am just unsure whether the data collected is ever accurate or useful. No confidence.

I just wanted to share my powerpod experience maybe my unit is one of the faulty unit (not confirm yet). Reading all the write-ups about setup and using powerpod seems easy and simple but actually its not that simple in my case. I hope the velocomp team has a good calibration solution otherwise the device will be a waste of time. From a simple 10 mins setup ride ended with days of stressful attempts to get this thing working as described.

I have to give credit to tech support and hopefully my files that I have submitted provided some clues to the looping issues and the next new firmware can help others too. I am writing from Asia the thot of return the unit if its faulty and wait for weeks for another unit haunt me :)

Lets wait for John and his team to figure my case and find a solution for all.

Thanks ya! :geek:
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Help - Powerpod looping issue

Post by Velocomp »

I have looked at your ride files sent to Tom.

There is a problem with your unit. Tom will speak to you about next steps.
John Hamann
alainlai

Post by alainlai »

Dear John,

Thanks for your reply. Techsupport sent me 2 files and have completed installation. Will redo test ride tmrw and update.

Rgds
alainlai

Post by alainlai »

Dear John,

Hope that you and team are safe from the hurricane.

I have emailed my test ride results to techsupport. Although the ride files and data captured were weird but this time it managed to generate the cal-ride file. I have used the cal-ride as the profile for my ride and it was working fine with power data info during my ride.

I have emailed you and techsupport for feedback and questions; also attached all my ride files.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Tom will get back to you soon, hopefully. He is OK but none of us has electricity or internet right now. (I am sitting in my car, using my mobile phone as a hotspot).
John Hamann
Bonaparte

Post by Bonaparte »

i HAVE HAD SIMILAR ISSUES FOR ALMOST A YEAR. MY DEVICE HAS BEEN SENT BACK 2-3 TIMES BUT TO NO AVAIL. I HAVE NOT HAD A SUCCESSFUL RIDE IN THAT YEAR AND HAVE SPENT WAY TOO MUCH TIME FIDDLING WITH THE DEVICE TRYING TO GET IT TO WORK.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Hmm...something is definitely not right

In your email please include the following:

1) .ibr ride file

2) Pictures showing your PP attached to your bike: front, side view

I'm really sorry you are having problems but we will figure out what is going on
John Hamann