Unusually High Watts

mlindonb

Unusually High Watts

Post by mlindonb »

Hi

Please can you help with my PowerPod readings? I have been using PP for a year now and have been getting good accurate readings which i have trusted and been very happy with.

I recently added a second bike to my setup and in doing so I mucked up the process and had to start all over again. I have re calibrated on both bikes however I now seem to be getting very high readings. I suspect the PP has had some problems pairing with the sensors (probably down to my errors) and perhaps they weren't both connected. I noticed while out on my ride that I was getting readings of around 115 watts if I was free wheeling downhill and in general although I felt on fairly good form the readings were much higher than usual.

I will provide whatever detail you need to help identify the problem but hope this info helps:

Bike Descriptions

Bike 1 - Bike Accuracy calibration using the newer Garmin Speed and Cadence Sensors and a Garmin Edge 1000. Using Profile slot 1.
Bike 2 - Best Accuracy calibration using different Garmin sensors but they are the newer model as above. Using profile slot 3.

Could you also confirm if having multiple profiles is a problem? Should I delete the older profiles?
iBike_09_03_2017_0653_53_Miles_HiDef.ibr
High reading file
(1.77 MiB) Downloaded 164 times
iBike_09_02_2017_1737_2_Miles_CalRide.ibr
Bike 1 Calibration Ride
(88.66 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
Hope you can help me, thanks Marc
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Unusually High Watts

Post by Velocomp »

Please post one of your old ride files, where you were happy with the results.

Your cadence sensor is not working in the file you posted. This likely is the cause of your high watts.

Make sure you've paired to the sensor that is installed on your bike!
John Hamann
mlindonb

Re: Unusually High Watts

Post by mlindonb »

Thank you for coming back to me so quickly. I thought that might be the case. Can you tell from the file if it picked up the sensor later on in the ride after i reconnected the PP?

Another quick question, is it possible to extend the 20 min sleep period? I sometimes stop for a coffee and the PP goes to sleep so I need to restart which seems to corrupt the file when uploading to Strava.

Cheers, Marc
iBike_08_13_2017_0723_37_Miles_HiDef.ibr
Previous ride file
(1.39 MiB) Downloaded 164 times