Understand something with the powerpod

FedeSp

Understand something with the powerpod

Post by FedeSp »

Good morning, I have a powerpod ever for more than a month and I have some doubts about the proper functioning. On the discourse the repeatability of the data for me goes more than good, but I have problems when sn downhill if I start to pedal also exceed 1000 watts. I heard the speed and I was told it was calibrated badly. Now I disassembled the PP and reassembled then I reset everything and reset the calibration I got out of calibration as it seems to you?

Buongiorno, ho un powerpod ora mai da più di un mese e ho alcuni dubbi sul corretto funzionamento. Sul discorso ripetibilità del dato per me va più che bene, ma ho dei problemi quando sn in discesa se io inizio a pedalare supero anche i 1000 watt. Ho sentito la velocomp e mi hanno detto che era calibrato male. Ora ho smontato il PP e rimontato poi ho resettato tutto e rifatto la calibratura mi è uscita fuori sta calibrazione come vi sembra?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Understand something with the powerpod

Post by Velocomp »

Please use Isaac software to download .ibr ride file that shows your problem.
John Hamann
FedeSp

Post by FedeSp »

Sorry I do not know how ever with Google Chrome for Android does not save the attachment. However, I have succeeded.
Attachments
iBike_08_31_2017_1411_3_km_CalRide.ibr
(41.27 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
FedeSp

Post by FedeSp »

Sorry in these posts I attach the old calibration with the output that has given me down problems.
Attachments
iBike_08_21_2017_1454_3_km_CalRide.ibr
(40.15 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
iBike_08_30_2017_1508_29_km.ibr
(65.01 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
iBike_08_30_2017_1413_20_km.ibr
(188.35 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Your PowerPod is calibrated properly.

On downhills, if you go into any kind of a more aero position, such as a tuck, and you pedal, this will cause high watts.

When cadence = 0, watts = 0. My suggestion is to recover on the downhills, let gravity be your friend, and not pedal... :-)
John Hamann
FedeSp

Post by FedeSp »

Ok I will try to make some output with this calibration and let you know how it goes. The only thing a friend of my downhill pedal is not giving him all those watts.
FedeSp

Post by FedeSp »

Good morning,
today I came out with the new calibration. I'm not convinced that the values can be trusted. they seemed overestimated. how do you look?

if it can serve you I will also send the configuration file.
Attachments
170902_cal_data.ibcd4m
(317.55 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
iBike_09_04_2017_0902_25_km.ibr
(168.26 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

This looks much better. Wind scaling is normal, and you did not pedal on the downhill.

This file shows that you had a head wind on the return portion of your trip. If this is correct, then I think you are good to go.
John Hamann
FedeSp

Post by FedeSp »

Tomorrow I looked back and set the exit. If I can try to make a descent where I pedal. Although in today's output I was given the impression that overwhelmed the watts.
FedeSp

Post by FedeSp »

Good morning I did the exit and that is the result. downhill I reached 1000 watts. how come a friend of mine does not happen? can it be bad for PP? from what I understand if the Powepod is not positioned correctly by not accurate data ... right? can not you impel in Isaac the possibility to place it correctly in real time ??? I hope I got out of here.

I expect your answer.

good day.
Attachments
iBike_09_05_2017_1342_43_km.ibr
(379.34 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Nothing is wrong with your PowerPod.

From my earlier posting:

On downhills, if you go into any kind of a more aero position, such as a tuck, and you pedal, this will cause high watts.

When cadence = 0, watts = 0. My suggestion is to recover on the downhills, let gravity be your friend, and not pedal... :-)
John Hamann
FedeSp

Post by FedeSp »

Question, why does not my friend do it?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

I don't know.
John Hamann
DaleD

Post by DaleD »

Hello,

No disrespect...but dont' pedal on the downhill? If a person is trying to get accurate data from a race in which they raced hard and pedalled down hill, the data will be wrong?

It seems this device is not doing what it was purchased for.

Dale
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

The data will be accurate if you don't go into a tuck.
John Hamann
BBQcyclist

Post by BBQcyclist »

Suggestion: It would be nice to know all the various "ifs, ands or buts" including Android issues, power variances with changing of positions / tucking while pedaling on downhills, flats, drafting etc...as well as the pros (e.g. compatible w Campy carbon cranksets) re PP before one purchases it - via a simple summary on the PP website , listing its pros and cons...so that prospective buyers know what theyre getting at the price point...before...vs after purchase.
:)
DaleD

Post by DaleD »

Velocomp wrote:The data will be accurate if you don't go into a tuck.
I am a long course triathlete, I spend more than 95% on my time in aerobars. Perhaps aerobars are different from a tucked position?

Thank you,

Dale
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

DaleD wrote:
Velocomp wrote:The data will be accurate if you don't go into a tuck.
I am a long course triathlete, I spend more than 95% on my time in aerobars. Perhaps aerobars are different from a tucked position?

Thank you,

Dale
If you've set up your PP with Device/Setup Device... as a TT bike, then you should be OK.
John Hamann