PowerPod BLE is NOT compatible with Polar V800

macoao

PowerPod BLE is NOT compatible with Polar V800

Post by macoao »

This has been discussed several times by different users.
I just can confirm that the PowerPod BLE does not seem to be compatible with the Polar V800.
As previously stated by others, the V800 detects and connects to the Powered BLE as can be seen in the connected devices list of the V800. However, no data, neither cadence or power data are transferred to the V800. Yes, readout of the data by the Isaac software is possible but i purchased the device to improve my training by real time power readings during the ride.
It has been stated that the PowerPod BLE works fine with the Polar V650, which might be, but several other posts in this forum indicate that there is no match between the PP BLE and the V800, which is very disappointing.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: PowerPod BLE is NOT compatible with Polar V800

Post by Velocomp »

We use the industry standard BLE format.

Are you using ANT sensors? Note that PP requires ANT sensors; it may be that the Polar sensors are BLE only.

According to DC Rainmaker, Polar 800 does not support standard BLE format. It's not our fault...

It is impossible for us to keep up with anything other than standard products.
John Hamann
macoao

Post by macoao »

Thank you for quick response.
Off course Ant speed and cadence sensors are connected to the PP, otherwise I hardly could have readouts through the Isaac software?
As I said the V800 detects the PowerPod and connects to it as it is listed under the connected devices list (photo attached) but it does not "communicate".
Regarding your last comment: If Polar products are not regarded as standard, which other brand beside Garmin would be?
Greetings from Norway!
Attachments
IMG_1260.JPG
IMG_1260.JPG (66.12 KiB) Viewed 2837 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

It is up to each manufacturer to comply with Bluetooth standards. Some do it well; some not so much.

We have tested power pod BLE with the polar V650. It works perfectly.

Why the polar V 800 is not compatible is unknown to us. Clearly, however, something is different in polar implementation in the two devices.
John Hamann