PowerPod versions and features

theller

PowerPod versions and features

Post by theller »

I'm happy user of iBike Newton on my 4 bikes, and I consider upgrading to PowerPod on some of them (now that I have a Garmin Edge 1000).
Before I do this I have some questions:

1. I'm in Europe (Germany) and do not want to buy in the US online shop, instead I found the skopre shop in italy: https://www.skopre.com/powerpod/
They have 3 different versions of the PowerPod, with vastly different prices:
- PowerPod Ant+, 245€
- PowerPod Ant+ (BLE compatible), 349€
- PowerPod Ant+/BLE, 379€
What are the differences? Which one should I get? (Note that I have no interest in the PowerHouse bike app)

2. The PowerPod works with combined Speed/Cadence sensors. Will it also work with separate Speed and Cadence sensors (I have the magnetless Ant+ sensors from garmin on all my bikes)?

3. Can my existing installation of the Isaac software handle both the Newton and the PowerPod or do I need separate installations for that?

4. Does the PowerPod have automatic profile selection just like the Newton, or do I have to select the profile in the Isaac software when I change bikes?

Thanks, Thomas
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: PowerPod versions and features

Post by Velocomp »

1. FYI: we will be releasing a new version of PowerHouse soon, that will allow for updating your PP profile parameters without using Isaac. This requires PP BLE...

It's your choice, but PP/BLE is more future-proof. However, at 245 euros, PP ANT+ is a good deal (make sure this unit is in stock)

2. Yes, PP will work with separate sensors

3. Yes, Isaac will work both with Newton and PowerPod
John Hamann
theller

Post by theller »

Thanks for the info so far.

Will this new version of PowerHouse run on Android? I don't have an iPhone..
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

This is Isaac software for Mac/PC

A new version of PowerHouse is coming soon that will work with Android.
John Hamann